Odds relating to Leeds Utd

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Odds relating to Leeds Utd

Post by Selby White »

Jesse Marsch featuring in the betting for first out the door this season :crazy:

3rd favourite at 8/1 with Ralph Hassenhuttl (11/2) & Frank Lampard (7/1) only 2 above him according to Oddschecker.

Sky betactually have him favourite at 4/1.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Jesse Marsch featuring in the betting for first out the door this season :crazy:

3rd favourite at 8/1 with Ralph Hassenhuttl (11/2) & Frank Lampard (7/1) only 2 above him according to Oddschecker.

Not a shock to me, we’ve given him a fortune to spend on the players he wants.

No excuses available to him.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Selby White wrote:Jesse Marsch featuring in the betting for first out the door this season :crazy:

I doubt whether the bookies have much to go on pre-season, so have made the managers of the clubs who finished immediately above the relegation zone last season favourites for the sack. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens every year.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Had four numbers on the lottery the other week so kept some and put the rest (£100) on us to finish in the top half at 9/2.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

The Fonz wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 16:17 Had four numbers on the lottery the other week so kept some and put the rest (£100) on us to finish in the top half at 9/2.
I’ve done that one in the Championship a few times, several years ago when we were garbage.

Personally, I’m not convinced it’s value for money in the Premier League. The top 6 is pretty much boxed off, then factor in Wolves, Leicester and definitely Newcastle this time around, you’re battling with the likes of Wolves, Brighton and Villa for that final spot.

A few too many variables for me, but a good sporting bet. Good Luck :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

Barlow Boy wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 16:25
The Fonz wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 16:17 Had four numbers on the lottery the other week so kept some and put the rest (£100) on us to finish in the top half at 9/2.
I’ve done that one in the Championship a few times, several years ago when we were garbage.

Personally, I’m not convinced it’s value for money in the Premier League. The top 6 is pretty much boxed off, then factor in Wolves, Leicester and definitely Newcastle this time around, you’re battling with the likes of Wolves, Brighton and Villa for that final spot.

Maybe a rush of blood on my part based on all the new signings coming good.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Don't usually bet on Leeds but I've succumbed this season.

£20 @ 50/1 for us to win the FA Cup.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

The Fonz wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 16:34
Barlow Boy wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 16:25

Maybe a rush of blood on my part based on all the new signings coming good.
Hey mate, it might come off. I certainly hope it does.

I have a decent lump on, so I tend be risk averse and go nearer the even money type bets, sometimes even slightly odds on. As mentioned, I’m thinking of taking on Brentford in a straight match bet, but I’m waiting for the Raphinha transfer to go through hoping our odds lengthen.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 11:15

I doubt whether the bookies have much to go on pre-season, so have made the managers of the clubs who finished immediately above the relegation zone last season favourites for the sack. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens every year.
You are probably right but some must be putting money on as now 13/2 2nd fav.

Odds shortening from 6/1 to 3/1 on Barcodes signing Jack Harrison.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

Selby White wrote: 15 Jul 2022, 08:00
MOT1964 wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 11:15

You are probably right but some must be putting money on as now 13/2 2nd fav.

Odds shortening from 6/1 to 3/1 on Barcodes signing Jack Harrison.
Could be a worth taking as a double :crazy: