Oscar Pistorius, Guilty? Or Not Guilty?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Oscar Pistorius, Guilty? Or Not Guilty?

Post by Deebo »

Forget everything you have read about this case.

Simple question: you wake up and think someone is in your house... do you not check first of all that your partner is ok, in the bedroom, supposedly next to you??

This has all the hallmarks of OJ Simpson. Celebrity perp... top defence lawyers holding out for reasonable doubt. This is a nothing story really. Let's face it, he meant to shoot her.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Absolutely, Its one point that almost everyone makes, first thing a normal person would do is indeed check on a loved one or at very least turn to your missus and say 'did you just hear something?'.

I know he had suffered from previous break ins so perhaps that has clouded his judgment, still all very odd.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sheepy wrote:Absolutely, Its one point that almost everyone makes, first thing a normal person would do is indeed check on a loved one or at very least turn to your missus and say 'did you just hear something?'.

I know he had suffered from previous break ins so perhaps that has clouded his judgment, still all very odd.
or in Cantona's case turn to her beside you and say "did you hear something?" she says "Yeah, number 2s I think Lee's home!!"
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Sheepy wrote:Absolutely, Its one point that almost everyone makes, first thing a normal person would do is indeed check on a loved one or at very least turn to your missus and say 'did you just hear something?'.

His explanation was, she was there in bed a few seconds before he went out on to the balcony and when he came back in, it was pitch black and he heard the noise and thought it was burglars. I think it's rubbish TBH, but it's his explanation and so far he has explained most things away, to what extent or good effect, only the judge can decide.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

I haven't been watching this, because, I don't like the glorification of such things, but I did see two parts of his cross examine with the prosecutor and from that, I came to the conclusion that he seemed to be stupid enough to have done it by accident or through impulse, but not by design.

Not sure what his motive is though. :( :x
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Frankie wrote:I haven't been watching this, because, I don't like the glorification of such things, but I did see two parts of his cross examine with the prosecutor and from that, I came to the conclusion that he seemed to be stupid enough to have done it by accident or through impulse, but not by design.

Well they did seem genuinely loved up, the next day was Valentines day and Reeva had wrote on her card just how much she loved him. I expected to hear evidence that he thought she was cheating on him, that she had some love text and he had found it, but there's been nothing. He has been sent for a Psychiatric evaluation, for what reason I don't know. It might be to show he did it on purpose, or to show his state of mind of panic of intruders, might have led to him doing what he did.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 2747

Aces wrote:
Frankie wrote:I haven't been watching this, because, I don't like the glorification of such things, but I did see two parts of his cross examine with the prosecutor and from that, I came to the conclusion that he seemed to be stupid enough to have done it by accident or through impulse, but not by design.

Well they did seem genuinely loved up, the next day was Valentines day and Reeva had wrote on her card just how much she loved him. I expected to hear evidence that he thought she was cheating on him, that she had some love text and he had found it, but there's been nothing. He has been sent for a Psychiatric evaluation, for what reason I don't know. It might be to show he did it on purpose, or to show his state of mind of panic of intruders, might have led to him doing what he did.

From what I briefly heard it is to asses his acute anxiety and paranoia, and like I say I haven't seen much of this, but it would seem the right course of action, the guy does not appear to be particularly stable.

I remember when the Olympics were on how they talked about his character being somewhat extreme and that he was not particularly a down to earth and level headed kind of person.

Is it right that he shot her through a closed bathroom door, in pitch black and without his prosthesis on? Because if so, then common sense would say to me, that the likelihood of him successfully murdering someone intentionally would be greatly reduced by these three things and if he really wanted to kill her, he would have done it when and where he could actually see her and he would have had his legs on! If he did want to kill her, then he hardly made it easy for himself!!!

Would they be making such a big case, if it was someone unknown? I saw the prosecutor when he was cross examining Prestorius and he (the prosecutor) seemed like a glory seeker to me.
Last edited by Deleted User 2747 on 18 May 2014, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Good post that Frankie you raise some good points there mate, that I hadn't thought about before. Just this week close neighbours said, they heard Oscar screaming loudly, like a wailing sound, soon after he had shot her, probably when he realised it was her. This points to him being grief stricken almost immediately after the incident. If he had done it on purpose, would he have thought about doing this, you know, killed her in cold blood, would he have thought.... People will be listening, so I'll make it sound like I'm grief stricken. The more I see, the less I'm thinking it's pre-meditated, or done in a fit of pique. He still killed a beautiful young woman though, but did he do it on purpose? There's little to say he did IMO.
Deleted User 2747

If he does suffer from extreme anxiety and was full of fear and panic then, he would not be thinking straight, if at all, but would just be reacting and 'catch 22' his reaction would depend on the state of mind and fear that he was in.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Frankie wrote:If he does suffer from extreme anxiety and was full of fear and panic then, he would not be thinking straight, if at all, but would just be reacting and 'catch 22' his reaction would depend on the state of mind and fear that he was in.
I think he was paranoid to the extreme about his safety and subsequently Reevas safety as well. Living in the UK, with relatively low crime regards to murder, we can't imagine what it is like living in South Africa, with murders common place daily. Couple that with him being a high profile star who has had death threats, this would just exacerbate his condition. Not saying he did it by accident though.