Oscar Pistorius, Guilty? Or Not Guilty?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 2747

Re: Oscar Pistorius, Guilty? Or Not Guilty?

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Aces wrote:
Frankie wrote:If he does suffer from extreme anxiety and was full of fear and panic then, he would not be thinking straight, if at all, but would just be reacting and 'catch 22' his reaction would depend on the state of mind and fear that he was in.
I think he was paranoid to the extreme about his safety and subsequently Reevas safety as well. Living in the UK, with relatively low crime regards to murder, we can't imagine what it is like living in South Africa, with murders common place daily. Couple that with him being a high profile star who has had death threats, this would just exacerbate his condition. Not saying he did it by accident though.

You mean mistaken identity?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

As I predicted, Oscar Pistorius has been found not guilty. I never once heard any evidence to prove he had done it. I don't like it when prosecution Barristers claim this happened, or that happened, when there is no evidence to say it did. Just made up mumbo jumbo, based on speculation and a furtive mind. There was no real major evidence against Oscar at all, no affair, no evidence of an argument, no threats, no ....... Nothing at all. It's a really sad situation where a stunning young woman has lost her life, just because guns are legal in that country.

South African judge Thokozile Masipa has cleared Olympic and paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius of all murder charges, Reuters said. “Clearly he did not subjectively foresee this as a possibility that he would kill the person behind the door, let alone the deceased as he thought she was in the bedroom,” Masipa told a court and Pistorius, who broke down in tears. He could still be found guilty of culpable homicide, the equivalent of manslaughter, if Masipa believes the athlete was negligent in shooting dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp last year. The judge earlier said the state had failed to prove that Pistorius was guilty of premeditated murder.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

The judge has just stated that Pistorius acted in a negligent manner when firing four shots through the door, which word is, he will be found guilty of Manslaughter and could still be jailed. I find this strange to be honest, she has accepted that he didn't know that it was Reeva, so then she is accepting that he thought it was an intruder, who could potentially kill him and Reeva. So putting four bullets through the door because of this, doesn't make him guilty of Manslaughter to me.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

There was no intruder. Prestorius shot his wife four times through a closed door. (facts)
I find it hard to believe that you would shoot an intruder through a closed door without first seeing them enter that room. Whole defence played up to White S. African's fear of crime.
Interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

birkybullufc wrote:There was no intruder. Prestorius shot his wife four times through a closed door. (facts)
I find it hard to believe that you would shoot an intruder through a closed door without first seeing them enter that room. Whole defence played up to White S. African's fear of crime.
Interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

I know what you are saying, but Reeva has been taken out of the equation now, it's become a situation where he might be convicted of killing an unknown person. Pistorius thought it was an intruder, who was going to kill him and Reeva, so he fired four shots. The judge indicated that she thought this was negligent, but I'm struggling to understand why. If you flip it on it's head and he had killed an intruder, would he even be on trial? I don't think he would be, I think the police wouldn't have persued a case against him. It is going to be interesting tomorrow I think he might be jailed, but then it is likely he will be bailed, pending an appeal, which I think he would have a good chance of winning, because of the reason I mention above.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

As expected Oscar Pistorius has been found guilty of Manslaughter of Reeva Steenkamp. Just what his sentence will be I don't know, I predict about 6 years in jail.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Given a 5 year sentence this morning.
Winner of the Europa League
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

of which 10 months will be in prison it says.... so what about the other 50 months???
Holt Park Loyal
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Holt Park Loyal »

allegedly he will spend his entire imprisonment in the hospital wing too as a disable patient....
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Five years for Manslaughter is about the same as what he would have got here in the UK. Obviously guns aren't allowed in the UK, but that's South Africa's daily life and just like America, a huge amount of people die at the hands of gun users, in those countries.