Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Re: Worth watching on telly

Postby rigger » 24 Jun 2020, 13:25

Rather than specific programs, I thought I'd suggest two excellent channels on Freeview.

Free Sports
Brilliant, non-stop service which is about 40% football. If you like European games it's well worth noting what days and times they cover the Portuguese, Polish, Danish, German and other leagues. I've seen Benfica be absolutely awful twice in the last three or four days given how much richer they are than the rest of the Liga Nos clubs. They were up against Rio Aves in the first game and went 0-1 down in the first half. They threw everything at them and Aves had a man sent off. Then another. Then another. Then Benfica equalised and finally got a really late, really jammy winner. It was almost as if the ref was favouring the big club :problem:

The Smithsonian Channel
Fantastic documentary channel covering a range of historical topics from across the globe, not just the US. I am constantly impressed by the depth and quality of the programs they air. Well worth a look.
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby cheffy007 » 30 Jun 2020, 12:18

Just finished watching all 3 seasons of Fargo on Netflix. If you’ve seen the original film by the Coen Brothers then it’s well worth a watch.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
cheffy007
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Postby rigger » 30 Jun 2020, 13:45

cheffy007 wrote:Just finished watching all 3 seasons of Fargo on Netflix. If you’ve seen the original film by the Coen Brothers then it’s well worth a watch.

Saw - and loved - the first series but haven't got round to the others yet. Thanks for the reminder.
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby Selby White » 01 Jul 2020, 10:47

rigger wrote:Rather than specific programs, I thought I'd suggest two excellent channels on Freeview.

Free Sports
Brilliant, non-stop service which is about 40% football. If you like European games it's well worth noting what days and times they cover the Portuguese, Polish, Danish, German and other leagues. I've seen Benfica be absolutely awful twice in the last three or four days given how much richer they are than the rest of the Liga Nos clubs. They were up against Rio Aves in the first game and went 0-1 down in the first half. They threw everything at them and Aves had a man sent off. Then another. Then another. Then Benfica equalised and finally got a really late, really jammy winner. It was almost as if the ref was favouring the big club :problem:

The Smithsonian Channel
Fantastic documentary channel covering a range of historical topics from across the globe, not just the US. I am constantly impressed by the depth and quality of the programs they air. Well worth a look.

Can't seem to get Free Sports on freeview up here, do get the Smithsonian though.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby rigger » 01 Jul 2020, 13:23

I can't get it on an aerial, but if I use a box like NowTV or Firestick (which is always plugged in) then it comes through fine for some reason.
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby Selby White » 01 Jul 2020, 14:06

rigger wrote:I can't get it on an aerial, but if I use a box like NowTV or Firestick (which is always plugged in) then it comes through fine for some reason.

That explains it :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Previous

Return to General