Na then...

Introduce yourself here
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Na then...

Post by The Johnson »

d0gman wrote:I'm based in Cremorne and we (my eldest lad and myself) are Sydney FC. I used to follow the Bears and my lad is rapidly losing interest in the Eels, NRL's star is fading as the world game rises. I know people who used to go to both but the atmosphere at the A-League games is so much better they don't bother with League anymore.
Interesting to hear that, being in Auckland we have NRL but no A-League comparison so the Warriors are still a pretty big deal.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Na then...

Post by Mr Russell »

The Johnson wrote:
d0gman wrote:I'm based in Cremorne and we (my eldest lad and myself) are Sydney FC. I used to follow the Bears and my lad is rapidly losing interest in the Eels, NRL's star is fading as the world game rises. I know people who used to go to both but the atmosphere at the A-League games is so much better they don't bother with League anymore.
Interesting to hear that, being in Auckland we have NRL but no A-League comparison so the Warriors are still a pretty big deal.
Naturally living in Newcastle i'm a Jets fan but can't stand the Newcastle Knights (on par with manure fans) they used to have the monopoly on the town but now with (real) football emerging from the shadows we are on par with them and you see more kids with Jets shirts than Knights ones. Like d0gman says the atmosphere at A League games is so much better than the NRL hell even the AFL has a better atmosphere than them. In the NRL Manly all the way and if we are talking Aussie Rules then Geelong. Like TJ said we do have talks on the A League/Rugby League (threads).
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.