Diouf

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Diouf

Post by Aces »

I don't think any of us should be bothering about Diouf at all, he's let himself go, I couldn't believe how fat he was the last time he played. Any player piling weight on when it's their job to keep fit, deserves nothing but scorn from the fans who pay his big wages. I was pleased when we got him and he was good for quite some time, but hopefully he will be gone in the summer and his big wage off the wage bill, will help the clubs finances.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

He wanted to go to a funeral and we said no, so he went anyway and has been banished to the realm of "forgotten men"
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

I agree with you. Sadly everything about our last and current owners/directors smells of "dishonesty", to use a rather trendy word in the last weeks.
I also agree that 1 mil maybe an exaggeration. In any case though, I think we still must be losing money. After all we are now a decade away of Prem League... Sometimes I wonder how far away we are in these terms from our old competitors in the 1st Div. Imagine if by some miracle BMcD managed to keep our 1st half of the season form and we went up somehow... We would need heavy investment everywhere!
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

I don't remember him being refused permission to go to a funeral, is that just another 'report'? Didn't he attend Nelson Mandela's ceremonial farewell, with the club's blessing? And where has this 'big wage' theory come from? And saying he has let himself go doesn't suddenly make him Tony Yeboah you know, he is not the only one whose weight has varied, Matt Smith is too heavy I believe, and McCormack was hardly svelte last season, same with Becchio.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Diouf just turned out to be Diouf. Total waste of space and wages. Was inevitable. A horrible reminder of Warnock.

Just out of interest, how does any club which doesn't have a sugar daddy finance ground improvements etc if it isn't from ticket sales? I imagine those corporate boxes generate a few bob and the whole lots paid for now I believe so the new owner whoever he may be should be in a better position than GFH who just messed up.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Year Zero ITK wrote:I don't remember him being refused permission to go to a funeral, is that just another 'report'? Didn't he attend Nelson Mandela's ceremonial farewell, with the club's blessing? And where has this 'big wage' theory come from? And saying he has let himself go doesn't suddenly make him Tony Yeboah you know, he is not the only one whose weight has varied, Matt Smith is too heavy I believe, and McCormack was hardly svelte last season, same with Becchio.
He's not just gained a bit of weight mate, he had a part time job just before Christmas as ..... Santa. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT