Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Book Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:
dlw10 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
dlw10 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:No worries Dave, I usually take it away for my jaunt up to Northumberland. I'll dig out another one for now, but if you could put a note up when it's available that would be great :thumbup:
The book is now available in paperback direct from the publisher at https://completelynovel.com/books/leeds ... impossible Look forward to your feedback!
Cheers Dave, any idea when it is out on Amazon ?.
It usually takes around 2 weeks. I've priced it at £10 on Amazon hoping that will get it into the free p and p category. It is only £6.99 on CN but they will charge around £3 for postage so it will be similar delivered on both.
Cheers Dave, I'll get Mrs B to sort this out for me :thumbup:
Man alive, that's quick service from that Completely Novel lot. Only ordered the book Sunday, which apparently means it goes off for printing etc and it turned up today.

Great service to say the least :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

What was the postage charge Kev?
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

dlw10 wrote:What was the postage charge Kev?
I'm sure I heard Kev say that all postage would be charged to the author. :o :D
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Wigan White wrote:

You naughty man!!!!! How you doing anyway WW?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mrs B did it for me Dave, but I think it was £3 or something like that. Don't worry, I won't be charging it back to you, although not a bad suggestion Al :D.

Great start by the way, leaving poor Nigel in the wrong pub in York and missing the train, resulting in the Niki Lauda taxi ride to the ground :lol:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Nic wrote:Currently reading "The Numbers Game: Why Everything You Know About Football is Wrong".

That's on my list - haven't bought it yet, though.

Any good ??
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Mrs B did it for me Dave, but I think it was £3 or something like that. Don't worry, I won't be charging it back to you, although not a bad suggestion Al :D.

Great start by the way, leaving poor Nigel in the wrong pub in York and missing the train, resulting in the Niki Lauda taxi ride to the ground :lol:.
I was just trying to see if it worked out cheaper on CN or Amazon - I've priced it at £10 on Amazon hoping that will be post free while it is £6.99 on CN plus P and P.

As to the content.... you are racing through too quick! You'll have nothing left for July! Glad you're enjoying it!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I've just read the chapter regarding the Everton friendly, completely forgot about seeing you in that body fit top :D.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

dlw10 wrote:
Wigan White wrote:

You naughty man!!!!! How you doing anyway WW?
I'm good at the moment thanks. As people on the forum know I was out of work last year and started an 18 months fixed term contract job in January. Well I've just been notified that the position has been made permanent. This obviously means a bit more financial stability so I'll be renewing my membership for the coming season and attending a few games. Unfortunately for you this means you'll have to put up with me in the pavilion for a pre match beverage or two. On another note I'll be able to attend the away game at Wigan again. Lets hope it clashes with the Wigan Beer Festival again.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Great news on the job front Al, see you in the Pav :thumbup: