Banner requests ??

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
Deleted User 728

Re: Banner requests ??

Post by Deleted User 728 »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
How about "Costa del Goals" or is that just as bad?

I quite like that :thumbup:

... and you're right : you did come across as a bit of a knob :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Just saw the Bamford banner, now that one I really like.

I was just talking to a mate the other day about how posh he is.

Lord Patrick :lol:

Glad you got the joke.
It's not that he's posh, he's just a normal "middle class" lad in the world of football and there's not too many of them about.
I guess it's all a bit "tallest dwarf in the village" isn't it ?
Like Le Saux being "gay" because he read a broadsheet.
You can see why nobody has ever come out ..

The one that always made me wonder why he never got any stick is Pat Nevin. He's a cultured, highly intelligent man with interests not just in music but across the arts in general, so why wasn't he hammered for it given the dog's abuse suffered by some of the others down the years ?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:Alan Smith
Rio Ferdinand

Tin hat time ... Harry Kewell
Surely not for Smith and Ferdinand who both went to the scum
Don't get this. If a player stood up and said, I want out of LUFC and especially want to go to Manchester United, yeah, I'd be a tad annoyed too. But Smith and Ferdinand were sold to try and stop the hemorrhaging Ridsdale caused. I have nothing against either of them.
As others said there were a lot more rumblings around the Smith transfer than it just being to balance the books, and of all teams...THEM! The problem for me is he was so Leeds it was unbelievable, to then go there...not for me. I would have less objection to Ferdinand as he was from West Ham anyway so no massive issue with who he went to. For me Smith committed the ultimate sin.

In the same way I cannot stand when we are linked with or end up taking a player from them. It is just not a path players should choose to walk in either direction.
Seriously, when remembering a certain Giles and a certain Strachan?
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:Alan Smith
Rio Ferdinand

Tin hat time ... Harry Kewell
Surely not for Smith and Ferdinand who both went to the scum
Don't get this. If a player stood up and said, I want out of LUFC and especially want to go to Manchester United, yeah, I'd be a tad annoyed too. But Smith and Ferdinand were sold to try and stop the hemorrhaging Ridsdale caused. I have nothing against either of them.
As others said there were a lot more rumblings around the Smith transfer than it just being to balance the books, and of all teams...THEM! The problem for me is he was so Leeds it was unbelievable, to then go there...not for me. I would have less objection to Ferdinand as he was from West Ham anyway so no massive issue with who he went to. For me Smith committed the ultimate sin.

In the same way I cannot stand when we are linked with or end up taking a player from them. It is just not a path players should choose to walk in either direction.
Seriously, when remembering a certain Giles and a certain Strachan?
Fair point really, both before my time (Giles in particular) of really enjoying football so don't immediately jump into my mind. Most of my early football memories are tainted by the one way traffic of our best players going out of the door, not bringing them in.

As a reference point I started watching football when I was 10, so 1998. My dad is a scum fan so tried to turn me that way but I was having none of it. I did get to enjoy the team of the early 00's but then as I say many memories are tainted by the turmoil that followed. :| never got to see the true glory days.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

rigger wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
How about "Costa del Goals" or is that just as bad?

I quite like that :thumbup:

... and you're right : you did come across as a bit of a knob :D
ha sorry about that, I re-read it and definitely agree, I sounded like a knob.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Have we got Tony Currie, one of my all time favourites?
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Currie is in there....
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Bobby Collins
Deleted User 728