Deleted User 3289

Re: You and your music

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Strolling Bones.... :lol: Love it
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Grew up with these guys, and it seems an affectionate term to describe them these days .......... after all, who would have ever imagined that they'd still be out there doing it?

Rock on, chaps. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

yorkfan wrote:Grew up with these guys, and it seems an affectionate term to describe them these days .......... after all, who would have ever imagined that they'd still be out there doing it?

Rock on, chaps. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I saw them in Cardiff a couple of years ago. Probably one of the best concerts (it was a bit big for a gig) that I've ever seen. Also saw the film of their Cuba concert on the big screen last year. Sadly, being an opinionated teenager who thought they were a bunch of has-beens, I missed their Ashton Gate concert in the early 80s. Actually, I think they were known as the Strolling Bones back then.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Have already posted here but was just thinking. In the 1950's, Jazz was a minority interest. Modern, or Pop as it was known, was covered on TV by such shows as Top of the Pop's. A lot of attention was given to the 'hit parade' and which song was going to be 'top' and for 'how long'. Kid's today don't know how lucky they are. I remember (sadly) when a song called 'How much is that doggy in the window' was 'top of the pop's' for several weeks. Things didn't improve until Elvis Presley (not my cup of tea) and the Beatles came along.
I once played against Don Revie.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

1. What music era did you grow up with ? 60's. Started listening to regular pop early/mid 60's, got into soul with the mod scene late 60's, then it was blues rock. I'm still in love with soul from that era.

2. First live Music concert you attended ? Would be one of a series at Morley town hall, late 60's, could have been Amen Corner.

3. Last music concert you attended ? Lake Street Dive, at the 'Narrows center for the arts', Fall River, USA. About three years ago. Just voted best new band by Rolling Stone magazine that year.

4. First Album you bought ? King and Queen, by Otis Redding and Carla Thomas, last studio recording by Otis before his death.

5. Last album you listened to ? Yesterday I listened to 'Harvest' by Neil Young and 'On every street', one of Dire Straights early LP's.

6. Do you play any instruments ? None

7. What instrument would you like to learn ? Keyboards