Alphabet Travel

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Alphabet Travel

Post by kk white »

johnh wrote:... also took them to Cork in Ireland. Her indoors stayed at home!
I'd stay at home too if it was a trip to Cork :lol:

(Only joking Corky, if you're reading this).

Cork are big sporting rivals with my native Kilkenny. Was actually there a few weeks ago for 3 nights with the family.
Beautiful countryside and city, highly recommended if anyone is over this side of the sea.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

kk_white wrote:
johnh wrote:... also took them to Cork in Ireland. Her indoors stayed at home!
I'd stay at home too if it was a trip to Cork :lol:

(Only joking Corky, if you're reading this).

Cork are big sporting rivals with my native Kilkenny. Was actually there a few weeks ago for 3 nights with the family.
Beautiful countryside and city, highly recommended if anyone is over this side of the sea.
Cork City is one of the nicest places I have ever been to - and I'm not saying that because my ancestors came from there. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Portugal - Prefer Portugal to Spain personally. Have traveled the country a lot not overly fussed with Lisbon but loved Porto. Found a great restaurant/bar on the River Douro where we had fish & nice white wine.

Paarl - Continuing my love affair with South Africa we enjoyed ourselves in this lovely city. Visited a couple of nice wineries where the wine was superb. There’s very much a Dutch feel to the neighbourhoods.

Quebec - Spent a couple of days here whilst on tour of the east coast in the fall, if you’ve not visited this area at this time of the year it’s beautiful.

Queensland - An area I’d very much to return to & see some of the amazing coast there.

Rumania - Rural Rumania is beautiful especially around the Carpathian Mountains. There’s a certain charm to the countryside as you see fields full of sunflowers & milk getting delivered to towns & villages by horse & cart with locals taking their containers to fill up. Bran Castle reputedly the home of Dracula stands proudly on a hillside.

Rome - Loved our visit here especially to the Coliseum. The Trevi Fountain, St Peters Basilica & the Pantheon all worthy of a mention. We were going to have a pizza but in the square it was over €20’s so we decided against & walked 50 yards up a side street & paid less than half which included a couple of cold beers.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

St Petersburg - Visited twice but there’s so much to see more visits would still be required. The church Savior on the Spilled Blood is very impressive as are Catherine’s Palace, Peterhof, the Winter Palace & the State Hermitage Museum. A lot on our cruise went to the Bolshoi Ballet which we declined but later regretted.

Scotland - Just to prove you don’t need to fly thousands of mile for stunning scenery. I love the Highlands & Islands of this country. My list of islands visited is Eigg, Muck, Rum, Canna, Shetland, Harris, Iona, North Ronaldsay, North & South Uist, Benbecula, Orkney, Skye & Mull.

Tobago - Whilst on the subject of islands this one is absolutely stunning.

Toronto - Didn’t like it up in the CN Tower my vertigo kicked in big time. Found this an expensive city if you fancied a drink. Visited the Blue Jays stadium but couldn’t get access sadly.

Ubatuba - This quaint seaside town in the San Paulo state of Brazil was a real favourite with us. It lies on the Tropic of Cancer.

USA - So many things to do & see make this a fantastic place to visit.
Favourite city is San Francisco, followed by Phoenix then Boston.
Winner of the Europa League