Staying up

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Staying up

Post by ChilwellWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:February is looking tough, how many points ?

Some tough games coming up over the next few weeks. How many points do you think we will come away with?

Leicester City (A)
Everton (H)
Crystal Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)
Wolves (A)
Aston Villa (H)

7 or 8 would my guess and I’d be happy with that if I’m honest.
So 6 points so far and I honestly believe that we should have had at least a point against the Toffees. I’d still be happy with the 8 points but let’s see starting at Arsenal at the weekend, they’re a very unpredictable team so will be hard to call. Wolves have 5 points from their last 6 games, losing to West Brom and Palace but drawing at Chelsea. Finally Villa have taken 9 points from their last 6 games so I believe that will be our toughest game this month. Ain’t football great :D
ayearinmx
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by ayearinmx »

great article with some nice statistics on Sky Sports today, shows how physically fit we are:
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ccusations
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

ayearinmx wrote:great article with some nice statistics on Sky Sports today, shows how physically fit we are:
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ccusations
Enjoyed that, thanks.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

We've had less games than last season and I already knew we we're by far, the fittest side in the league. But those sprints stats - just wow. Given how fit we are and how we play, a European place is definitely up for grabs.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

As Dom says the stats show exactly what we all thought regards to fitness level.

Really good read in my view. :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

So we still have to play the following, surely there’s a few points up for grabs ?

Fulham (A) 19-03
Sheffield United (H) 03-04
Brighton (A) 01-05
Burnley (A) 11-05
Southampton (A) 15-05
WBA (H) 23-05

Mind we’ve some tough games to come as well.

West Ham ( A) 08-03
Chelsea (A) 13-03
Manchester City (A) 10-04
Liverpool (H) 17-04
Scum (H) 24-04
Spurs (H) 08-05

After the Blunts in early April the rest of the month is incredibly tough. I can see us getting 12 more points this season, minimum. A great season imho as for me avoiding relegation was the objective. We might as well aim to get as high as we can, thus putting more money in the coffers.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

ChilwellWhite wrote:So we still have to play the following, surely there’s a few points up for grabs ?

Fulham (A) 19-03
Sheffield United (H) 03-04
Brighton (A) 01-05
Burnley (A) 11-05
Southampton (A) 15-05
WBA (H) 23-05

Mind we’ve some tough games to come as well.

West Ham ( A) 08-03
Chelsea (A) 13-03
Manchester City (A) 10-04
Liverpool (H) 17-04
Scum (H) 24-04
Spurs (H) 08-05

After the Blunts in early April the rest of the month is incredibly tough. I can see us getting 12 more points this season, minimum. A great season imho as for me avoiding relegation was the objective. We might as well aim to get as high as we can, thus putting more money in the coffers.
Not sure I want THAT many points ...

Above is the promoted teams for the last 15 years. Teams in red went straight down, teams in gold went down in the following season (second season syndrome). The points in green are those teams that scored 50 or more in their first season up. Obviously I'm assuming this seasons bottom side are as good as gone.

Of the six teams that got 50+, three went down the following season - 50% second season syndrome
Of the 16 teams that survived but with less than 50, four went down the following season - 25% second season syndrome.

On the converse only 1 out of 11 teams managing 13 or more points in the final 10 games suffered second season syndrome (and none suffering first season relegation). So maybe 12 isn't enough :lol:
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Can someone please clarify that the Chelsea match is AT HOME? I notice the prediction league has put Chelsea as the home team (first) and the post from Chilwell White above says Chelsea away on 13.3 ??? Have I got it wrong?
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

judy wrote:Can someone please clarify that the Chelsea match is AT HOME? I notice the prediction league has put Chelsea as the home team (first) and the post from Chilwell White above says Chelsea away on 13.3 ??? Have I got it wrong?
Yes Judy, the game is at home. The predicions league has it the other way round for whatever reason I can't explain this time around so if your putting in a score put Chelsea's in first and Leeds second.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Mr Russell wrote:
judy wrote:Can someone please clarify that the Chelsea match is AT HOME? I notice the prediction league has put Chelsea as the home team (first) and the post from Chilwell White above says Chelsea away on 13.3 ??? Have I got it wrong?
Yes Judy, the game is at home. The predicions league has it the other way round for whatever reason I can't explain this time around so if your putting in a score put Chelsea's in first and Leeds second.
And remember if you put Leeds to win and Chelsea win, moan like heck for the points saying you meant the away team to win, which they did. :lol:

The same is true for the pessimists/realists if Leeds turn it on and turn Chelsea over. :shh: