2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

Unless Firpo is injured, I can’t see anyone getting in ahead of him at LB, it was a decent sum of money to spend on him for us and I was impressed with him at Loughborough (albeit only 45 minutes).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

whitedancer wrote:U-23 squad, look strong but will they be ready for the full team , when needed cos they undoubtedly will be called upon. Certainly feel we need a midfield playmaker for the first 11 yes a ward prowse or bernado silva. So am disappointed with the first team activity tbh.
I sort of agree. We've sold a left back and replaced him potentially with a better one (although he'll have to go some to match the amount of running Alioski did) but its hard to argue that we're genuinely any stronger than last season at this point. Obviously the players have got a season of Premier league experience under their belt but I would have liked to have seen a new creative player for the attacking midfield role - is that going to be Rodrigo? Is he really suited to it? Personally I also feel we're light up front with Bamford as the only genuine option. He gets injured and we're struggling. Still time yet though so fingers crossed.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

New contract for Meslier all signed, which is great news. Can't remember the last time we had a keeper with so much potential. Fingers crossed for a new deal for Kalvin at some point soon as well.

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1426106 ... 53667?s=08
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Leonickroberts wrote:New contract for Meslier all signed, which is great news. Can't remember the last time we had a keeper with so much potential. Fingers crossed for a new deal for Kalvin at some point soon as well.

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1426106 ... 53667?s=08
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another great move.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Also rumours that Palace are trying to hijack the O'Brien move. If they poach two CMs that we're after from us I'll be mildly irked (in spite of actually quite liking them as a club). A part of me wonders whether having Forshaw close to the first team squad has given Orta/Bielsa pause on whether O'Brien is really what we need.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:Hjelde due for a medical today or tomorrow apparently. Sounds like a really highly rated young player. As things stand our u23s are going to be pretty unplayable, even if the first team is still missing a few key pieces.
"The next van Dijk" has to be the most commonly printed phrase about that young man, leaving the hyperbole aside, it does sound like he's got a lot of potential and we definitely needed a new u23 left-footed CB.

We were interested in the full back as well, not heard any more about that though, might have just been the press.
With McCarron, perhaps we don't feel as though we need another U23 LB anymore. Also, whilst Hjelde was on loan at Ross County for the second half of last season, he played the majority of his games there at LB.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

SiMamu wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:We were interested in the full back as well, not heard any more about that though, might have just been the press.
With McCarron, perhaps we don't feel as though we need another U23 LB anymore. Also, whilst Hjelde was on loan at Ross County for the second half of last season, he played the majority of his games there at LB.
Good point, I had read that as well and forgot - might be another reason why we're interested then, Bielsa certainly seems to like players who cover multiple positions.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Multiple reports on social media O'Brien has asked to leave Huddersfield but nothing concrete yet. Leeds won’t meet Huddersfield’s valuation of £8m. According to Leon Wobshall Huddersfield have turned down 2 offers on the player already, not necessarily from Leeds though.
Winner of the Europa League
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

No Ryan kent in rangers starting 11 last night , he was an unused sub…. Perhaps an indication that he may be on his way out