Russia / Ukraine

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Russia / Ukraine

Post by johnh »

I'm surprised that no one has sabotaged the Nord Stream pipeline. No one would get Russian gas but Russia can't sell it to anyone else.
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

johnh wrote:I'm surprised that no one has sabotaged the Nord Stream pipeline. No one would get Russian gas but Russia can't sell it to anyone else.
Well there's a good reason for that - it's not operational yet.

It's a big deal for the Germans to halt work on it. The federal government took the decision to close down all nuclear power in Germany after the accident in Japan - Fukishima?. The country has a large energy demand for its industry, starting with car manufacturing.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Sanctions? I'm no politician but seriously, give over. If the world would come together, united, this could possibly end. That being said, power, vested interest and money, overpowers LIFE in every aspect. It's a shameful world we live in these days.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

DominanceUK wrote:Sanctions? I'm no politician but seriously, give over. If the world would come together, united, this could possibly end. That being said, power, vested interest and money, overpowers LIFE in every aspect. It's a shameful world we live in these days.
Of course money does make a difference as sad as that fact is. Sadly it will take too long.
Can see it we will all be behind Ukraine until our gas and electric bills rise.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

DominanceUK wrote:Sanctions? I'm no politician but seriously, give over. If the world would come together, united, this could possibly end. That being said, power, vested interest and money, overpowers LIFE in every aspect. It's a shameful world we live in these days.
Dom In what way do you think the world come together and stop the fruitcake.
Wish they could but other than I fully blown World War with potentially thousands of deaths I can't see it.
For me make Russia a closed shop, don't recognise the Russian passport or money is the way to go.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Selby White wrote:
Dom In what way do you think the world come together and stop the fruitcake.
Wish they could but other than I fully blown World War with potentially thousands of deaths I can't see it.
For me make Russia a closed shop, don't recognise the Russian passport or money is the way to go.
Be united but as I said beforehand, this isn't about life, never is, always about power. More power, more control
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

mapperleywhite wrote:
johnh wrote:I'm surprised that no one has sabotaged the Nord Stream pipeline. No one would get Russian gas but Russia can't sell it to anyone else.
Well there's a good reason for that - it's not operational yet.

It's a big deal for the Germans to halt work on it. The federal government took the decision to close down all nuclear power in Germany after the accident in Japan - Fukishima?. The country has a large energy demand for its industry, starting with car manufacturing.
It doesn't need to be operational. The fact that it was put out of action, probably for years, would make Putin sit up and take notice. Putin must be the man most at risk from the assassins bullet, than anyone on the planet.
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
janecky
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by janecky »