Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by corkleedsmot »

I would honestly prefer a draw but at least the game will do damage to someone below us.
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

corkleedsmot wrote:I would honestly prefer a draw but at least the game will do damage to someone below us.
Same here , a draw would suit us best. Personally though think we are ok now, Win at Watford saturday then that should be enough . MOT.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:Massive out of Cresswell there. Badly need them to bash Everton today.
What does this mean, mate?
Great strike by creswell. Massive moment... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:.

Everton down to 10 men yet again :shock:
I don't want them to lose by too many. We need to keep Frank in the job.
Burnley and Everton will do damage to each other Wednesday and then they lose to Utd after 3 games in 7 days.
I am just waiting to here Lampard;s interview now after this. Life is good :lol:
You've spelled Scum wrong, mate :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

More from Everton boss Frank Lampard, speaking to Sky Sports: "We have to face Burnley without Michael Keane but also we have injuries. Donny [Van der Beek] pulls up in the warm-up today. Allan is suspended. We are stretched. I am les worried about personnel and more worried about the character of the group. What I saw today showed that. Burnley is a huge game no doubt, but there are nine more after that. We have games in hand on other teams but we must stick to the next game. Burnley is absolutely the most important at the minute and we have to show more quality - and there is that in this group - to stay up."
On forwards being more clinical: "You continue the work because we work on it. We work on it a lot in training. I did that a lot in training. It is all I know. What you can't replicate is the moment in the game when it comes. Every striker misses chances but the more you work and more you create you find the moments to win a game. We will find the goals that helps us get results."
Winner of the Europa League
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Spurs 1 Newcastle 1 so far,nearly half time.
Gallovidian
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Gallovidian »

What a difference between Lampard and Marcelo, the man he criticised for unsportsmanship. Much of his interview complaining about injuries, luck, decisions that go against them and even a sending off in a previous game. No class.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Gallovidian wrote:What a difference between Lampard and Marcelo, the man he criticised for unsportsmanship. Much of his interview complaining about injuries, luck, decisions that go against them and even a sending off in a previous game. No class.
Absolutely no class. Instead of acting like a Diva and going on about someone in the bushes with wire cutters when so called "Spygate" happened (which seemed to be stretching the truth to me) he might have learnt a thing or two by picking up the phone and having a chat with Marcelo instead! :lol: It's always other things that turns things bad for him and never anything to do with him it seems. Takes all sorts I guess.
Keep The Faith / WAL
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Frank seems to miss the fact that he needs to teach this Everton team to defend, which he is not very good at and they are clearly not very good at it as it stands.
He is an awful manager. Was awful with a very good Derby squad and awful with a Chelsea team that went on to win CL, and now at Everton he has gone in and made them worse statistically which was difficult to achieve. I actually think they have some good players. The media are saying the squad is terrible but is it really ?
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Metro1962 wrote:Spurs 1 Newcastle 1 so far,nearly half time.
3-1 Spurs and jesus this was so close to a near perfect weekend
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

Yep. Good to see Newcastle losing. It's a pity we let them beat us at home because they'd still be in the mire and we'd more or less be out of it. Either way, I think Newcastle have got too many points on the board to get dragged back into it. More's the pity.