2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by blackbox2342 »

From Leeds Live. Personally hope it's wrong as I think we definitely need a LB and possibly even experienced GK backup.
Fabrizio Romano has claimed that Leeds United will be done with their summer transfer business after signing a forward.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Today I read an article which totally changed my outlook towards loaning out players, especially youngsters.
The article on BBC was about Wolves loaning out their record signing, Silva, a young Portuguese lad they signed from Porto for 37 m pounds.
He only played a handful of games in the premiership for them last season, I saw him play a couple of times, skinny lad with long hair.
You could see skill there, but playing with the team was tough, wasn't afraid to shoot on sight though.
The coaching staff at Wolves explained that the lad had so much potential but needed game time to progress.
They were not disappointed in him, they even extended his existing contract by a year.
I am hoping our boys who are out there are there for the same reason.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The BBC are reporting we’ve signed Sonny Perkins from West Han but nothing official yet.
Winner of the Europa League
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

NottinghamWhite wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 06:08 The BBC are reporting we’ve signed Sonny Perkins from West Han but nothing official yet.
It was announced yesterday NW.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... eds-united
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

MOT1964 wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 06:35
NottinghamWhite wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 06:08 The BBC are reporting we’ve signed Sonny Perkins from West Han but nothing official yet.
It was announced yesterday NW.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... eds-united
Cheers I missed that ;)
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

blackbox2342 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 21:26 From Leeds Live. Personally hope it's wrong as I think we definitely need a LB and possibly even experienced GK backup.
Fabrizio Romano has claimed that Leeds United will be done with their summer transfer business after signing a forward.
Unfortunately I believe this. We never heard noises about a left back from serious sources, seemingly only Kalimuendo is on our radar now (who I don't think we need but that's a different matter).
Even before Firpo's injury, not looking for a new left-back seemed like negligence at the very least, now I'd say borderline idiocy.
This is even more special in light of how important the signing of Kristensen was for the club, even though we were better at right-back back then.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

So we await the future on

Kiko Casilla who I very much doubt is even in the country. He still has a year left on his contract.

Helder Costa again I don’t think he’s in Leeds. Made 22 appearances for Valencia last season without scoring. Still has 2 years left on his contract.

Mateusz Bogusz played 20 games last season for Ibiza scoring 4 goals. From looking his contract is up at the end of the month.

Ian Poveda personally he’s a Championship player still 2 years left on his contract can see him returning to Blackburn Rovers on loan.

Kun Temenuzhkov I think his contract expires at the end of the month. Had a decent loan spell at Real Union last season playing 44 times & scoring 6 times.

Anyone else that might go out on loan ?
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

superfox wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 06:59
blackbox2342 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 21:26 From Leeds Live. Personally hope it's wrong as I think we definitely need a LB and possibly even experienced GK backup.
Unfortunately I believe this. We never heard noises about a left back from serious sources, seemingly only Kalimuendo is on our radar now (who I don't think we need but that's a different matter).
Even before Firpo's injury, not looking for a new left-back seemed like negligence at the very least, now I'd say borderline idiocy.
This is even more special in light of how important the signing of Kristensen was for the club, even though we were better at right-back back then.
Glaringly obvious that two positions need reinforcements - striker and left back. Doing nothing here would show that the Board have not fully learnt lessons from the experience of last season. It is absolutely idiocy and also negligent IMHO :roll: :evil: :!: :!:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

PhoenixUnited wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 08:27Glaringly obvious that two positions need reinforcements - striker and left back. Doing nothing here would show that the Board have not fully learnt lessons from the experience of last season. It is absolutely idiocy and also negligent IMHO :roll: :evil: :!: :!:
I disagree Phoenix - not sure how you can accuse the board of not learning from last season, let alone being negligent or idiocy, given we've now signed 7 new players, spent 90 odd million, and are openly still after a striker. I obviously agree that we could do with a LB, but there's a difference between last season's chronic underinvestment (which I agree was negligent) and not signing a player in a single position because the club feel we have enough strength there.
superfox wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 06:59 Unfortunately I believe this. We never heard noises about a left back from serious sources, seemingly only Kalimuendo is on our radar now (who I don't think we need but that's a different matter).
What makes you say that only Kalimuendo is on our radar now Superfox? There still seem to be loads of names doing the rounds, and if prior signings like Sinisterra are anything to go by, a lack of clear links to players doesn't in any way mean the club aren't pursuing options. Personally I'd much rather have fewer rumours then a top signing appear out of the blue that long, protracted transfer sagas (which CdK was turning into).
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin