2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

corkleedsmot wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 17:54 No agreement between Milan and Bruges for CDK is the word on the Italian streets. Athletic Saying Milan Like Chukwuemeka from Villa and other reports saying they could move on to Ziyech, Renato Sanches and others. Small glimmer of hope there.
I don’t take too much notice of the rumours to be honest, a hundred or so names thrown into the mix for around 3 to be correct (at best) and that’s just from this thread alone :lol:. However, from what I read on this lad, here and elsewhere, he’s not that keen on joining us.

That’s fair enough to me, the club pursuing a lad who has made it clear he’s not too fussed seems a waste of time and effort. Accept his decision and move on.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Barlow Boy wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 18:09
corkleedsmot wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 17:54 No agreement between Milan and Bruges for CDK is the word on the Italian streets. Athletic Saying Milan Like Chukwuemeka from Villa and other reports saying they could move on to Ziyech, Renato Sanches and others. Small glimmer of hope there.
I don’t take too much notice of the rumours to be honest, a hundred or so names thrown into the mix for around 3 to be correct (at best) and that’s just from this thread alone :lol:. However, from what I read on this lad, here and elsewhere, he’s not that keen on joining us.

That’s fair enough to me, the club pursuing a lad who has made it clear he’s not too fussed seems a waste of time and effort. Accept his decision and move on.
If Milan don't make the deal and Leeds sign him I have no problem with that.
I just really want a good left back through the door at this stage while we wait. I am guessing as soon as CDK goes to Milan we will complete something very quickly. WIjnaldum is available on loan. Really think he would be a clever loan considering the positions he can play. No chance we pay his wages though or he comes for that matter.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

corkleedsmot wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 18:43

I just really want a good left back through the door at this stage while we wait. I am guessing as soon as CDK goes to Milan we will complete something very quickly. WIjnaldum is available on loan. Really think he would be a clever loan considering the positions he can play. No chance we pay his wages though or he comes for that matter.
Mate, the lad doesn’t want us, he doesn’t want to come, he wants to go elsewhere, let him go.

Let’s say we do eventually sign him and he doesn’t perform well, we will all turn round and say we’ll he didn’t want to be here in the first place.

As for WIjnaldum, stop smoking the funny fags pal
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
mshnd06
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by mshnd06 »

It's too bad about CDK. It never seemed likely, but this highly suspect amateur scout believes him to be a transformational talent on level with Cantona and Rio
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

CDK isn't that special imo, defo not worth £15m+. He's an attacking midfielder NOT a striker!
mshnd06
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by mshnd06 »

Cannot personally understand a CDK undervaluation of 15m. Better than Harrison, Aaronson and I would wager he'll end up better than Raphinha. I'd like a striker too, but we have acceptable (albeit not ideal) talent and depth there. We still don't have a true attacking midfielder. I am Aaronson's biggest fan, and he can play there, but he isn't on the ball enough to be a true no.10. Having watched him for years, I'd argue he's got more 8 about him than 10.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

Max McFadden, U16-midfielder has signed from Colchester United.
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

Barlow Boy wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 21:04
corkleedsmot wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 18:43

Mate, the lad doesn’t want us, he doesn’t want to come, he wants to go elsewhere, let him go.

Let’s say we do eventually sign him and he doesn’t perform well, we will all turn round and say we’ll he didn’t want to be here in the first place.

As for WIjnaldum, stop smoking the funny fags pal
Agree 100%. Why are we wasting our time on CDK - it is more than obvious that he doesn't want to join us and he expressed that numerous times. We should turn our focus on some other players, especially CF and LB. 
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Leeds United are closing in on a deal for Paris St-Germain and France Under-21 forward Arnaud Kalimuendo, 20. Daily Express.
Winner of the Europa League
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

NottinghamWhite wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 08:14 Leeds United are closing in on a deal for Paris St-Germain and France Under-21 forward Arnaud Kalimuendo, 20. Daily Express.
So I heard too. Happy with this news! Now, only LB needs to be signed - sooner, teh better.