2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by alwaysleeds »

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sorry but I don't want him.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Davycc wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 23:50 Sorry but I don't want him.
Quality player is a quality player. There won't be many players who dream of a move to Leeds. If the player improves us (ala Raphina) then I'd take them for a couple of seasons as a stepping stone quite happily.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

blackbox2342 wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 08:03
Davycc wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 23:50 Sorry but I don't want him.
Quality player is a quality player. There won't be many players who dream of a move to Leeds. If the player improves us (ala Raphina) then I'd take them for a couple of seasons as a stepping stone quite happily.

It's quality we need and if it is CDK, so be it but if not, no worries, there's plenty of other fish. Requires Victor Orta to make a good cast :D.
Any sign of a left back?
And the clock is ticking
Keep The Faith / WAL
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

I also think our priority should be to sign an established left full back.
A specialized position,the physical & mental skill set required in this position is very different from a centre back.
Shuffling the back line & playing a central defender is not the answer.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Ömer Çelikbaşlı
@omercelikbasli

Leeds United have offered 2 million euros for Mergim Berisha. Fenerbahce demanded 5 million euros from Stuttgart and Mainz as it wanted. Negotiations continue.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Saxon wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 10:49 I also think our priority should be to sign an established left full back.
A specialized position,the physical & mental skill set required in this position is very different from a centre back.
Shuffling the back line & playing a central defender is not the answer.
Not ideal of course but lots of teams have used CB's to cover fullback including us historically.
Off top of my head can recall Jon Newsome, John McClelland & Rui Marques used in the role and doing quite well.

Those from over the hills under Ferguson often used young CBs initially at FB to give them experience (O'Shea, Brown, etc).I like Hjelde and hope it gives him opportunity, only 18 I know but think he'll be a regular 1st choice even with everyone fit by time he's 20.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

This CDK thing is going to get funny now, I always thought it was a lovely pipedream but it's starting to look like we might actually land him at the last second and it's going to be polarizing as heck amongst the fans after all this back and forth.

Poor lad's going to have a mountain to climb with half the fanbase because the transfer saga has been so public, I hope if he does end up with us that people will give him a fair shake of the stick, if he's in our shirt, he's in our shirt.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 16:41 This CDK thing is going to get funny now, I always thought it was a lovely pipedream but it's starting to look like we might actually land him at the last second and it's going to be polarizing as heck amongst the fans after all this back and forth.

Poor lad's going to have a mountain to climb with half the fanbase because the transfer saga has been so public, I hope if he does end up with us that people will give him a fair shake of the stick, if he's in our shirt, he's in our shirt.
As I’ve said previously in this thread, the first time he has a poor game (which he will) many fans will be on his back saying he didn’t want to be with us anyway.

It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out, if we do actually get him.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

I’m pretty indifferent to the De Ketalaere chat. I’ve never watched Belgian league football, to be honest, so I’ve no idea how good, bad or otherwise he might be. Would need to see him in action and judge then if he did come.