Changes to our 1st team since Aug 2018

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Changes to our 1st team since Aug 2018

Post by guitarmark »

Just looking at our line up v Derby - Aug 2018 - I was there when we won 4-1

Yet 4 years later not one player, from that starting line up will be part of the starting line up v Wolves this weekend

Peacock Farrell, Ayling, Berardi, Cooper, Douglass, KP, Pablo, Saiz, Klich, Alioski, Roofe

PB was on the bench, with Roberts, Jansson, Harrison, Blackman, Baker and Shacks

How things have quickly moved on
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Changes to our 1st team since Aug 2018

Post by Another Northern Soul »

4 years isn't really 'quick', like in politics, 'a week is a long time' in that game :)
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

With a potential departure on the horizon for Klich I was just thinking about some of his great moments and his goal after only a few mins v Derby is certainly up there -I'd add v Middlesbrough at Leeds as well - Both from outside the box - But his miss from the spot, again v Derby would be a low moment, considering he'd already beaten the keeper by sending him teh wrong way
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

guitarmark wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 07:40 With a potential departure on the horizon for Klich I was just thinking about some of his great moments and his goal after only a few mins v Derby is certainly up there -I'd add v Middlesbrough at Leeds as well - Both from outside the box - But his miss from the spot, again v Derby would be a low moment, considering he'd already beaten the keeper by sending him teh wrong way
He scored a fair few goals in those years certainly, some good ones too, Burnley away was a good one, Sheff Wed away too I remember but it's a shame he hasn't quite got it now in front of goal. I wish him well but can't see where he's gonna get in the team regularly this season.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

I know it doesn't change anything but wasn't the 4-1 victory at Derby the 2nd game that season.
We beat Stoke 3-1 in the first game (Klich also scored in that one)

Would take those results to start us off this year.

Not too big of a surprise to change a few of the squad as we've climbed a league in that period.
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

The Fonz wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 16:24 I know it doesn't change anything but wasn't the 4-1 victory at Derby the 2nd game that season.
We beat Stoke 3-1 in the first game (Klich also scored in that one)

Would take those results to start us off this year.

Not too big of a surprise to change a few of the squad as we've climbed a league in that period.
I was at that game as well but can't recall who scored
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

Note no Dallas on that team v Derby - So assume some injury - Assume Pontus would have been back for pre-season after the World Cup, hence sub
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

It's funny how sometimes it feels like the team's just going to be the same forever, I guess we always know that's not going to be the case, but sometimes it kinda feels like that. Certainly after our first season back in the premiership it felt like we needed reinforcements but it also felt like the core of that squad would continue for another couple of years. This season's probably seen more of a wholesale refresh than I expected, but it was probably needed.

Whatever happens with some of the other senior squad members, that promotion winning side won't be forgotten quickly, lots of heroes in it who will live long in our collective memories.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 18:51 .......................................
Whatever happens with some of the other senior squad members, that promotion winning side won't be forgotten quickly, lots of heroes in it who will live long in our collective memories.
The promotion willing side have written themselves into history and won't be forgotten.
Mind, it does rile me when folk with short memories take pot shots at those who helped get us to the Promised Land. :crazy:
Keep The Faith / WAL
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Another Northern Soul wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 07:08 4 years isn't really 'quick', like in politics, 'a week is a long time' in that game :)
Absolutely...

Even that great AC Milan 'Team' of 1989 to 1994 changed drastically in just 5 years - only Tassotti, Maldini and Donadoni were there from start to finish.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay