Capturing the American Audience

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
USATim
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Capturing the American Audience

Post by USATim »

Thanks for a great venue, great fans, and great tradition. I just want you guys to know that a ton of Americans are following Leeds now, obviously because of Adams, Aaronson and Marsh. I love your team (our team now) and look forward to traveling to the UK to catch a Leeds game soon. Thanks for everything!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Capturing the American Audience

Post by Another Northern Soul »

USATim wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 00:27 Thanks for a great venue, great fans, and great tradition. I just want you guys to know that a ton of Americans are following Leeds now, obviously because of Adams, Aaronson and Marsh. I love your team (our team now) and look forward to traveling to the UK to catch a Leeds game soon. Thanks for everything!
Good lad :thumbup:

We have plenty of ex-pat Whites in North America already but I don't know much about US-born Leeds fans :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Hi Tim use this site to learn about the club & its history. For a few years we were one of if not the best club sides in Europe the culmination should have been winning the European Cup in 1975 but we were robbed by corrupt officials. We had household names such as Billy Bremner, Jack Charlton & Norman Hunter ( to name just a few ) our manager at the time was Don Revie ably assisted by Les Cocker ( someone who rarely gets the deserved accolades) Many of us on were supporting the team back then, I started in 1967. We are only team in the world where our fans greet each other by doing “ the Leeds salute “
It’s great to see us reaching out to new fans from the United States & long May it continue. Perhaps we should adopt Bruce Springsteens Born in the USA as a theme song ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 09:00 Hi Tim use this site to learn about the club & its history. For a few years we were one of if not the best club sides in Europe the culmination should have been winning the European Cup in 1975 but we were robbed by corrupt officials. We had household names such as Billy Bremner, Jack Charlton & Norman Hunter ( to name just a few ) our manager at the time was Don Revie ably assisted by Les Cocker ( someone who rarely gets the deserved accolades) Many of us on were supporting the team back then, I started in 1967. We are only team in the world where our fans greet each other by doing “ the Leeds salute “
It’s great to see us reaching out to new fans from the United States & long May it continue. Perhaps we should adopt Bruce Springsteens Born in the USA as a theme song ;)
Agree with everything you say NW except perhaps, the USA should adopt Marching On Together as it's National Anthem! :D

PS. Tim, why not add your pin to our members map viewtopic.php?t=48
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Don't forget the San Francisco 49'ers connection.