2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

As I said previously, there are unlikely to be any new signings this Window now. That being the case, an awful lot is being put on Junior Firpo will be back very soon, remains fit for all or at least most of the rest of the season AND shows one hell of an improvement on what he has demonstrated so far in his time with us. It's a forlorn hope IMHO. :roll: Putting in makeshift left backs to succeed is an equally long shot.
That is not to say that rushing out and lashing out dosh on buying a player is guaranteed to provide a successful solution especially getting someone in who has no Premier League track record. Surely there are some tried and tested players, like Charlie Taylor, that might be worth pursuing. In Taylor's case there seems to be a reluctance by all parties to engage so it looks like a non-runner. So, question to Victor Orta and the Scouting Team - Anything doing Chaps?
Keep The Faith / WAL
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Charlie Taylor would be my choice. I can’t understand why he isn’t being considered. Surely it can’t be to do with the way he left us for Burnley and some fans not forgiving him! Lots of water has flowed under the bridge since then. He would do a much better job than Firpo.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

judy wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 14:33 Charlie Taylor would be my choice. I can’t understand why he isn’t being considered. Surely it can’t be to do with the way he left us for Burnley and some fans not forgiving him! Lots of water has flowed under the bridge since then. He would do a much better job than Firpo.
Seems to that this isn't about the fans but about a falling out between Victor Orta and Charlie's Agent at the time the outcome of which was that Taylor left for Burnley (of all places!).
At least one party needs to wield an olive branch and be grown up about it! :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

PhoenixUnited wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 15:03
judy wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 14:33 Charlie Taylor would be my choice. I can’t understand why he isn’t being considered. Surely it can’t be to do with the way he left us for Burnley and some fans not forgiving him! Lots of water has flowed under the bridge since then. He would do a much better job than Firpo.
Seems to that this isn't about the fans but about a falling out between Victor Orta and Charlie's Agent at the time the outcome of which was that Taylor left for Burnley (of all places!).
At least one party needs to wield an olive branch and be grown up about it! :roll:
Charlie is 29 next month and many on here think we have too many around that age. I'm not one of them it's about been good enough whatever age imho.
Not just us though as anyone been trying to sign him?
Why? Not a clue.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

The Fonz wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 15:14
Charlie is 29 next month and many on here think we have too many around that age. I'm not one of them it's about been good enough whatever age imho.
Why? Not a clue.
Good question Fonz. Very odd indeed
Keep The Faith / WAL
mshnd06
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by mshnd06 »

Kai Wagner would be a solid stop gap. He plays in a high tempo, somewhat narrow system currently and has flourished, including productive service from the wing. He would be cheap, and while I doubt he is the long-term solution he'd be a better fit than Struijk, would eliminate the need to throw an 18 year old to the wolves, and would provide reasonable competition for Firpo. 2 million pound flyer seems worth it
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

mshnd06 wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 19:18 Kai Wagner would be a solid stop gap. He plays in a high tempo, somewhat narrow system currently and has flourished, including productive service from the wing. He would be cheap, and while I doubt he is the long-term solution he'd be a better fit than Struijk, would eliminate the need to throw an 18 year old to the wolves, and would provide reasonable competition for Firpo. 2 million pound flyer seems worth it
Good post this and completely agree. If it can be done it might not raise the ceiling but it'd certainly raise the floor.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

The Fonz wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 15:14
Why? Not a clue.
Personally I don't think he's very good defensively. Yes he's good going down the wing and crossing, but he was horribly at fault on the last day of the season for one of Newcastle's goals.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Bamford and Joffy injured. We definitely need a new striker.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

blackbox2342 wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 14:42 Bamford and Joffy injured. We definitely need a new striker.
We need one, without a doubt. We probably need two, the two we have cannot be relied upon.