No votes
Not interested.
22%

Total votes: 9

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Electronic payments

Post by Davycc »

In todays world so much can be bought and sold on the internet. Paying by credit card is probably the common means to do this but Paypal is apparently the most secure and has purchase refund backup.

How many actually have a Paypal account?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Electronic payments

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Had one for years and, touch wood, never had a problem. Also good is that whilst Paypal works hard to keep you updated they don't push all sorts of other rubbish at you
Keep The Faith / WAL
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Had one for years but think I have only ever used it a couple of times.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Have one, very easy to use.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I use it for ebay quite a lot - you had virtually no choice but to sign up with PayPal if you bought or sold on ebay - and a few other payments. Only via my laptop/desktop computers though, I'm not too trusting of having any bank details on my phone.

I got ripped off on ebay by a Leeds fan funnily enough, and had to keep on at PayPal to reimburse me - this fella and his wife were ripping people off and I had a right go at ebay and PayPal for allowing them to continue 'trading'. I got short shrift from them but got my £30 back.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 10:30 I use it for ebay quite a lot - you had virtually no choice but to sign up with PayPal if you bought or sold on ebay - and a few other payments. Only via my laptop/desktop computers though, I'm not too trusting of having any bank details on my phone.

I got ripped off on ebay by a Leeds fan funnily enough, and had to keep on at PayPal to reimburse me - this fella and his wife were ripping people off and I had a right go at ebay and PayPal for allowing them to continue 'trading'. I got short shrift from them but got my £30 back.
Same here. Many years ago I bought a pair of motorcycle boots off ebay and paid by Paypal. They never turned up. Paypal asked me to go through the usual channels i.e. contact the seller etc but if I had no joy within 1 week they would refund me which they did without a problem. Ebay on the other hand were less than useless. Glad to say they have much improved.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not got one just use my credit card for most things.
At one time got airmiles for any transactions now its cash back so benefit for using.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We use a John Lewis credit card and pay for everything with it but obviously pay as soon as we have to. We get good rewards from them using in monetary terms. I don’t have a PayPal account as I don’t use eBay and I don’t use ApplePay or whatever it’s called. I yearn for the days when folding money was the best thing to have. I’m not a fan of this cashless society at all.