Boxing Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Heard a very interesting story from a prison officer friend about old Frank. It surprised and disappointed me, especially as I used to bloomin' love him.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Heard a very interesting story from a prison officer friend about old Frank. It surprised and disappointed me, especially as I used to bloomin' love him.
I take it you are unable to share this with us ANS ?.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Good win for Josh Warrington again. "In his own words is best performance yet" Intended to watch it but it was on too late with me having work at six on sunday. Lost interest after about 3 rounds of the White vrs Allen and went to bed. Next stop worlds Title?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Good win for Josh Warrington again. "In his own words is best performance yet" Intended to watch it but it was on too late with me having work at six on sunday. Lost interest after about 3 rounds of the White vrs Allen and went to bed. Next stop worlds Title?
I watched the whole card pal, well the bits that were on SKY anyway, actually managing to stop the fella was a nice change. Not sure if you have seen it, but there is a cracking photo of them both doing the rounds sharing a beer or two, great stuff.

Some other good fights too, the Tyrone Nurse fight being exceptionally good and Campbell getting put down but bouncing back up to win shows he has the chin.

Great night of boxing :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Agree with you about the Tyrone Nurse fight BB it was a cracker non stop action for 12 rounds. The jury's still out for me on Campell, seems a little ragged at times but has got a great engine. The 3 rounds I watched of the Allen White fight he barely thru a punch "Allen" but I felt it would go to points, so sense prevailed and I went to bed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

My Mrs reckons Campbell is far too good looking to be a boxer which, if past experiences are anything to go by, means he will do very well :D.
Deleted User 3289

Barlow Boy wrote:My Mrs reckons Campbell is far too good looking to be a boxer which, if past experiences are anything to go by, means he will do very well :D.
:thumbup: I'm off to bookies to put some money on him being world champion. :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Very impressed with Josh Warrington. Very fast feet and hands, doesn't throw single punches, always three or four at a time. Keeps his hands high and has a very good defence. His speed of movement meant that Hyland hardly laid a glove on him.
I once played against Don Revie.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

johnh wrote:Very impressed with Josh Warrington. Very fast feet and hands, doesn't throw single punches, always three or four at a time. Keeps his hands high and has a very good defence. His speed of movement meant that Hyland hardly laid a glove on him.
He's improving all the time and makes up for his lack of power with shear volume of punches, much like Steve Collins did. Don't think he will be over awed when he challenges for a world title.

Carl Frampton put in a top performance on Saturday too. Really impressive in becoming two weight world champion.

Just over a month to go until Kell Brook gets his chance to rock the boxing world against GGG. Should be a belter.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 3289

I think it will probably happen now that Josh will fight lee Selby at Elland Rd next year possibly as a unification fight?

Congratulations to Carl Frampton Two weight World champion and he was the underdog and fighting in the States. :clap:

Roll on the Brook, GGG Fight now, I think Brook is the better Boxer, but Triple G seems to have dynamite in his gloves.