The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Another Northern Soul »

PhoenixUnited wrote:Jasprit Bumrah, Indian Captain, No 10 batsman gets 35 runs from a Stuart Broad over........ :wtf: :crazy: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :wtf:
Howzat then? No pun intended ;) Was it 5 sixes, a four and a single off an extra ball?

What an over!
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:Jasprit Bumrah, Indian Captain, No 10 batsman gets 35 runs from a Stuart Broad over........ :wtf: :crazy: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :wtf:
Howzat then? No pun intended ;) Was it 5 sixes, a four and a single off an extra ball?

What an over!
I witnessed the the most expensive over in Test cricket. Bumrah smashed 3 fours and 2 sises in the over which went - 4, 5w, 7nb, 4,4,4,6,1. Sloppy fielding, crazy bowling and a swinging batsman served to deliver this extraordinary 8 ball over. Bonkers and hugely entertaining :clap:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

PhoenixUnited wrote:

What an over!
I witnessed the the most expensive over in Test cricket. Bumrah smashed 3 fours and 2 sises in the over which went - 4, 5w, 7nb, 4,4,4,6,1. Sloppy fielding, crazy bowling and a swinging batsman served to deliver this extraordinary 8 ball over. Bonkers and hugely entertaining :clap:
Blimey! :clap:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

PhoenixUnited wrote:

What an over!
I’d just got out the shower and popped the tele on to witness this, not sure if I’d have been smiling if I was Stuart Broad.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

YCCC play at Leicester Foxes this afternoon where a win will see them in to the Blast quarter finals which is pretty pointless really because if we qualify we will be without Root, Bairstow, Malan, Willey, Rashid, Brook & Shadab. The ECB have arranged an ODI at the same time as the quarters & have said no England players will be available. Yet when the h*n*r*d is due to be played there are no England fixtures :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

It’s like teams like Yorkshire are penalised for providing players for the various England teams. I really struggle to get my head around it. The better players you produce the less chance you have of winning any silverware. Meanwhile England take on meaningless friendlies like against the Netherlands last week. If ever an organisation was money driven it’s the ECB.

Meanwhile England continue to struggle in the current Test vs India.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Jonny Bairstow gets another Ton :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well played that man :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

JB the Ginger Bradman :D
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Don't follow cricket as even posting about it make me want to go to sle
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sorry, sleep.

But here's a titbit I did pick up. Why are test matches so called ? No googling (is that a pun?)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders