The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 2747

The Cricket Thread

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Good to see Roooooot and Balance doing well for England. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Deleted User 2747

Re: The Cricket Thread

Is this the equivalent of trying to get someone sent off?

England bowler James Anderson has been charged with misconduct by the International Cricket Council following claims he abused and pushed India all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja during the first Test.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/28319579

Would be convenient for India if England were to lose Anderson would it not? :twisted:
Deleted User 2747

Looking forward to seeing Jimmy Anderson blast the Indians away!! :thumbup:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

We were the best team in the world not long back and then ........ ?????? Something happened, I don't know what, but it did and now we struggle to beat Ireland. Not having Pieterson in the team who is basically like a Ronaldo, or Messi of cricket is about as stupid as it gets, I know all about his antics, but you can't leave one of the best players in the world out of an average side and expect us to compete against the best teams. England cricket is in the doldrums again and I don't see us getting out of it for a very long time. Hope I'm wrong.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 2747

Aces wrote:We were the best team in the world not long back and then ........ ?????? Something happened, I don't know what, but it did and now we struggle to beat Ireland.
Not having Pieterson in the team who is basically like a Ronaldo, or Messi of cricket is about as stupid as it gets, I know all about his antics, but you can't leave one of the best players in the world out of an average side and expect us to compete against the best teams.
England cricket is in the doldrums again and I don't see us getting out of it for a very long time. Hope I'm wrong.
I agree with you there; but saying that, a team can't work properly without compromise on all sides.

There have also been a few retirements from the previously successful team, the loss of Swann being one of the biggest blows. I also rated Strauss as a captain; Cooke however?!
Deleted User 2747

Need some more new blood in the team. Well done to Joe Rooooooot for his awesomeness of character and skill. :thumbup: Root, Balance, Ali and one or two others must wonder why they bother when the rest of the team, just chuck all of their hard work away!! Some of the players need to own up!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

We need a new captain. Cook's captaincy is about on a par with his batting.
I once played against Don Revie.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

We eject our best batsman cos he's too hard to captain/bad for team harmony with the result that we are arguably worse, not better. What exactly did Cook say to his team at lunch, before they started throwing their wicket's away. A coach who failed before, a captain who is failing with bat and as a leader, senior pros flopping. Will England act to stop the rot - probably not.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

After that result, Captain Cook must leave his ship
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Mellor wrote:We eject our best batsman cos he's too hard to captain/bad for team harmony with the result that we are arguably worse, not better. What exactly did Cook say to his team at lunch, before they started throwing their wicket's away. A coach who failed before, a captain who is failing with bat and as a leader, senior pros flopping. Will England act to stop the rot - probably not.
I doubt it too mate

Moore needs to resign & a new captain is required immediately

If they sent Root, Balance & Plunkett back to Yorks & we played England, Yorkshire would thrash them

You can't win international cricket matches when only half the team perform