The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The highlight for me ( well one of many ) was when Overton hit a massive six and one of the guys on comms announced that was the shot that would take Surrey to finals day….. :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I have no nails left after watching that what an incredible last over by Thompson
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The highlight for me ( well one of many ) was when Overton hit a massive six and one of the guys on comms announced that was the shot that would take Surrey to finals day….. :lol:
That's basically what I said in the post above, mate :shock: :angel:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Busy packing for 4 days in the sun in Scarbados. A weakened YCCC side due to injuries & England call ups but there should be several thousand there to cheer on the young lads. I’ve actually managed to book a table in Laterna restaurant normally you have to book well in advance so thanks a real treat for Thursday night.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Busy packing for 4 days in the sun in Scarbados. A weakened YCCC side due to injuries & England call ups but there should be several thousand there to cheer on the young lads. I’ve actually managed to book a table in Laterna restaurant normally you have to book well in advance so thanks a real treat for Thursday night.
You’ve certainly got the weather for it, enjoy :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Finals day today in the Blast huge game at 11:00 as Yorkshire face the old enemy Lancashire should be a cracker. The White Rose have Harry Brook released from England duties & have resigned Dominic Drakes for the day. The other semi sees Hampshire v Somerset going to be a long day.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 10:34 Busy packing for 4 days in the sun in Scarbados. A weakened YCCC side due to injuries & England call ups but there should be several thousand there to cheer on the young lads. I’ve actually managed to book a table in Laterna restaurant normally you have to book well in advance so thanks a real treat for Thursday night.

Well played the Yorkshire kids against a much more experienced Surrey side went right to the wire. Great to meet up with lots of old friends although there was a lot missing which is worrying.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

What a great advertisement yesterday was for the Blast going to the final ball. Why on earth we need the h*ndr*d is beyond me when this type of entertainment is on offer. Thoroughly enjoyed the day in front on the telly yesterday better than sweltering outside.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Off to Trent Bridge today for a day out Notts v Sussex nice weather so why not.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

There's a really interesting article in the Times today ( sadly it’s behind a paywall )
- an interview that Michael Atherton had with Kunwar Bansil, the sacked first X1 physio who got a job with Notts after been sacked by YCCC. Here’s a few interesting snippets from said article.

Bansil has kept his counsel until now. He has not shied away from trying to tell his story to those in authority, but now says no one has listened. The opportunity to hear it was lost in the dismissal process and was not taken up by Lord Patel of Bradford, who had promised to listen to everyone when he took on the role as Yorkshire chairman, nor Julian Knight, who led the Department for Digital, Media Culture and Sport [DCMS] inquiry, and who, Bansil says, was dismissive on their one, brief Zoom call.

“I’ve tried to speak to my local MP, to Julian Knight, but the responses have not been satisfactory at all, and I feel silenced in a debate that has caused me to uproot my entire life. Kamlesh Patel talked about transparency, fairness, about listening, engaging everyone and taking people on a journey, and then fired 16 people without consultation or communication. The MP leading the investigation into racism in cricket didn’t seem prepared to consider whether listening to the views of another minority from within the dressing room might be important. Why?”

The allegations of racism at Yorkshire came out of the blue to him. “The allegations came as a shock and surprise given I was never aware of any racism or complaints of racism during my time at the club. The picture painted of Yorkshire was that if you are a person of colour you were made to feel unwelcome, that you’d be regularly bullied or discriminated against. That couldn’t be any further from my experience of the club.”

Full article here

https://twitter.com/athersmike/status/1 ... 9u5sV4_DPg