What's your real name and where do you live ?

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: What's your real name and where do you live ?

Post by dlw10 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:
Haha !
You do know how old most of the people are in here, don't you ?? 8-)
Oi I resemble that remark :roll:

and me...no, not the one about age the one about accountants!!!!!!! Oh and there are at least one or two more ladies who are on here now and again....we lads know you are all just sent to keep us under control! Welcome.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

My name is Sam, I am 38... now living in Melbourne. Born in Ripon, North Yorkshire - moved to the USA when I was 6, moved back to UK after University, lived in London four years, then moved to Leeds. Was four VERY happy years, despite the Pooh football. Then emigrated to Australia with then girlfriend. Work as a Librarian. My claim to Leeds fame is working on the LUFCtalk online Leeds bibliography, and collect Leeds books. I have a lot of Leeds books.

Very happy and settled in Melbourne. Coming back to UK this October, hope to meet up with you all (did not manage a proper catch up last time). Great thread!!!
woollywhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by woollywhite »

Hi,
New to the forum as a member,although I've been reading and following for a good while now, nice to see a forum with good considered views well put together rather than some of the idiot boards you see elsewhere ;)
Anyway, I'm Matt, 49 for now, live in Horsforth at present, married with 3 grown up kids. Born in Old Woodley, raised in Baildon, used to stand in the boys pen on a milk crate as a kid and then progressed into the kop when I got a little older. Now I'm considerably older and when i can fit it in and afford it, i will sit in the north east corner or the west stand if I can cadge the wife's works season tickets. :D
Worked all my life in the wool textile industry, (hence the username). The avatar is Walter the family staffy and confirmed whites supporter.
Looking forward to joining in the fun of the forum. Thanks for having me. :D
NO news is good news
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum mate (or should I say Matt), enjoy :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome in Matt :wave:

MOT

Phil
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Welcome to the forum mate (or should I say Matt), enjoy :thumbup:

You will get used to him Matt!!!!!! Great intro post by the way.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Welcome to the forum Matt
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

My name is Tim I'm 41, lived in Morley all my life it's not a bad little town, love going down to ER even in the lean times but I'm lucky enough to have enjoyed us winning two league titles and the league one promotion year which cancels out the two relegations ha ha, none of the mates bother nowadays so always end up going down on my Todd but now the Peacock does real ale it's not too bad. :thumbup:

MOT

Sorry I didn't see the thread sooner rigger. :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

saintjimmy wrote:
Sorry I didn't see the thread sooner rigger. :thumbup:
All good things come to those who wait .. 8-)
southwhite
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by southwhite »

My name is Tony, been supporting Leeds for 49 years. I was born in Sunderland but left to live in Germany at 7 yrs old,
as my dad was in the Army. I like to see Sunderland do well, but only when they don't play Leeds.The 73 cup final was a
nightmare, my parents family and friends and my cousins all came round as we where in Sunderland for 3 months before we
moved back to Germany from Singapore. Even though i was only young, it broke my heart. My Dad said don't worry son you
will grow up one day !! I ended up in the Army for 7 years when i left school, came out in 1981 ( the Army that is !! ) when
stationed in Salisbury. Moved to Southampton had 3 great kids, 2 girls and a boy. When my son started to take an interest
in football i took him to a few games, Leeds v Soton.. Leeds v Birmingham..Leeds v Portsmouth. He been a Leeds fan
ever since, made me chuffed to bits. Couldn't go to as many games as i would like to due to my son with his football, and
for 4 yrs i was youth team scout for Bournemouth. I drive a bus now for the elderly and disable which i enjoy, of work at
moment as i broke my elbow and arm at work just before Christmas.