The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blahblah of the forum

Post by Mr Russell »

Great life story, love historical stories like this!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

By coincidence this has come on the same Facebook page.

Pickering.
The Relief of Ladysmith. The traction engine is taking part in the Celebration Parade though the streets of the town, pulling the Pickering Fire Engine. It is a Wallis and Stevens engine Number 2425 or 2476,. The driver is Edwin Craggs of Ebberston, the engine was owned by Tom Garbutt of Pickering. The Siege of Ladysmith, in South Africa, was during the second Boer War and followed the battle of Ladysmith, when Boer forces surrounded the town. The Siege lasted 118 days from 2 November 1899 to 28 February 1900. A total of 3,000 british soldiers died in the Siege. The station masters house is in the background, now replaced with the LIDL Store. The photographer is unknown.

Winner of the Europa League
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Has something changed on the forum?
Or is it my phone?

Home page is different.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

The Fonz wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 06:48 Has something changed on the forum?
Or is it my phone?

Home page is different.
Yes. A bit of a back to the future feel. :)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Guys as you can see the board has changed slightly. The old board was no longer supported so risked having issues. All the features should still be there i.e. the unread posts tool is under the quick links tab. Well get a notice out once we have a good check over it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Looks good guys. Text is bigger on my phone at least. :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Just noticed, the setting to open page on unread posts still works on phone, but not on computer... just if anyone is looking for differences :thumbup: :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As stated before on here my back problems continue to hinder my mobility to the point of now using a walking stick. I had an MRI scan but still await the results. Anyway I applied for a Blue Badge have have just had confirmation my application was successful & have just paid for it. Life will be so much easier now I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I honestly thought by applying I was wasting my time but clearly not.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 08:20 As stated before on here my back problems continue to hinder my mobility to the point of now using a walking stick. I had an MRI scan but still await the results. Anyway I applied for a Blue Badge have have just had confirmation my application was successful & have just paid for it. Life will be so much easier now I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I honestly thought by applying I was wasting my time but clearly not.
For obvious reasons, my Mrs has one.

You’ll be amazed at the difference it makes mate.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 09:12 For obvious reasons, my Mrs has one.

You’ll be amazed at the difference it makes mate.
Yeah we have friends who have one & they say the difference is fantastic. My physio said I should apply a few months ago & the last time I saw him he asked had I applied to which I said no, he made me promise I’d do it. I was amazed when I got the email earlier.