Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by Saxon »

All calm this morning, got a massive clean up job waiting. We ended up with about 2 feet of snow but no damage or power outage.
Coastal areas took a beating, erosion, wind and wave damage.
In one respect we were lucky in that there was plenty of warning, several days for everybody and State agencies to prepare, plus it was a weekend. It's the ones that come out of nowhere that cause problems.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Cold but sunny and dry here in Berkshire. No wind.
I once played against Don Revie.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

The wind dying down here and luckily no damage. Roofers and fencers must think it’s Christmas and Easter all rolled into one when we get high winds.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

It has been windy here in Berkshire so far today but we had one gust earlier which was so strong and loud that I thought the windows would blow in. Fortunately, nothing that bad since.
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-g ... e-60420909

Red Weather warning for down here tomorrow. My offices has been closed so I'll have to work from home. The police are warning people not to travel.

The village on the North Somerset Levels that my parents and siblings live in has been flooded before so some measures have been taken along the river, but there are fears of high spring tides being pushed on by the high wind tomorrow. Watch this space, I guess.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sniffer wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-g ... e-60420909

Red Weather warning for down here tomorrow. My offices has been closed so I'll have to work from home. The police are warning people not to travel.

The village on the North Somerset Levels that my parents and siblings live in has been flooded before so some measures have been taken along the river, but there are fears of high spring tides being pushed on by the high wind tomorrow. Watch this space, I guess.
Fingers crossed mate, cold and windy up here but nothing too desperate just yet.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Woke up to flooded borders in the garden :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Our local nature reserve ( Attenborough) is closed as well as a local park ( Wollaton) until further notice. Looks like we’re going to have to batten down the hatches. Although the South West & Wales apparently are going to get the worst of it.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Two years ago our youngest went to the Maldives for a fortnight the day before they were due to fly home Samuel got chicken pox and as he was getting better the granddaughter got it they were there almost a month in the end. Luckily they both work from home so it didn’t affect any work problems & the insurance company sorted them out straight away. They are currently in Cape Verde due home tomorrow but are uncertain of what’s happening with any flights.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

My eldest and hubby went to the Monaco GP a few years back and were stranded there due to the volcanic ash clouds back in 2010. Luckily they had their credit cards with them, not the cheapest place to be stranded.