Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Jack Clarke signs a 4 year deal with Sunderland this was definitely Leeds 1 Spurs 0 :D
I was up at Middlesbrough, in the stands, when he had that episode.
He’s never been the same since.
Good luck to the lad. It is hard to forget the times when he made me leap out of my chair with excitement and celebration with his contributions on the pitch. Sadly, those performances were precious few. Something happened in Middlesbro as said above but it's all been pretty ordinary since sadly
Keep The Faith / WAL
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Jack Clarke signs a 4 year deal with Sunderland this was definitely Leeds 1 Spurs 0 :D
Good luck to the lad. It is hard to forget the times when he made me leap out of my chair with excitement and celebration with his contributions on the pitch. Sadly, those performances were precious few. Something happened in Middlesbro as said above but it's all been pretty ordinary since sadly
I used to come home from games and say to the Mrs “we’ve got a proper player on our hands here”,he really was fantastic at the time.

I’ve got photos of me and him at the Player Of The Year awards, had a really good chat with him and he came across as a really nice lad. I hope he gets his career back on track.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Barlow Boy wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 21:18
PhoenixUnited wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
I used to come home from games and say to the Mrs “we’ve got a proper player on our hands here”,he really was fantastic at the time.

I’ve got photos of me and him at the Player Of The Year awards, had a really good chat with him and he came across as a really nice lad. I hope he gets his career back on track.
He looked promising from his early appearances as a sub - Not a lot of pace but a nice touch and ability to go pass you - Almost in the way Eddie did so many years before - I saw him at ER when he destroyed Derby (early Jan) - think we won 2-0 and he was a breath of fresh air - I'll keep an eye on him at Sunderland - maybe the EFL is where is game is
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Jack played well for Sunderland when they most needed him, genuinely looked a level above the rest on the pitch to me, but obviously it's a tiny sample of his quality. He's got a no nonsense manager there, I think he could do well. I hope so.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Bradley Johnson has joined MK Dons on a free from Blackburn Rovers.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Always liked Bradley. The pic of him on shoulders after our win against Bristol always sticks in my mind
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Raphinha scored in his first appearance for Barca yesterday, friendly against Inter Miami
Moderator Message:
moved from transfer thread
- Selby White
bc grinner
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by bc grinner »

Happy Birthday Marcelo!
HalifaxWhite

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by HalifaxWhite »

HalifaxWhite wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 07:11 Raphinha scored in his first appearance for Barca yesterday, friendly against Inter Miami
Moderator Message:
moved from transfer thread
- Selby White
He's also just scored the only goal of the game in his 2nd appearance for Barca too, against RM.

They absolutely fleeced us with that deal. Get the agent tapping the player up months before just so there's only ever one thing in his mind and drives the price down.
Shouldn't be allowed.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

https://twitter.com/fcbarcelona_tr/stat ... -brazilian

Here it is, what a strike, future Ballon Dor winner