Feed the birds

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Feed the birds

Post by Barlow Boy »

I think the chicks have now hatched, I think I just got a glimpse.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We always look forward to the return of the house martins that nest under our eaves & I’m sure they’re here by now but no sign as yet. Anyone got any flying around by them ?
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We’ve seen a couple of swift’s, birds I could watch all day locally but no House Martin’s yet.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

ChilwellWhite wrote:We’ve seen a couple of swift’s, birds I could watch all day locally but no House Martin’s yet.
Had a swift locked in our hangar yesterday such an acrobatic flyer. I started to open the hangar door (takes 5 mins to fully open) but 30 seconds into the operation he shot out through the narrowest gap.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:We’ve seen a couple of swift’s, birds I could watch all day locally but no House Martin’s yet.
Had a swift locked in our hangar yesterday such an acrobatic flyer. I started to open the hangar door (takes 5 mins to fully open) but 30 seconds into the operation he shot out through the narrowest gap.
Davy, make sure and tell the pilots, with a bit of practise they could be in the air 4 minutes earlier. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Davy, make sure and tell the pilots, with a bit of practise they could be in the air 4 minutes earlier. :lol:
We don't even trust the pilots to take the aircraft out when the doors fully open :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We always look forward to the return of the house martins that nest under our eaves & I’m sure they’re here by now but no sign as yet. Anyone got any flying around by them ?
A few around my house in the West of Ireland, but not many yet.

Our resident Cuckoo is here too, arrived last week (assuming it's the same one each year). Lovely sound.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Still no sign of any Martin’s....
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Little buggers have started nesting in my garage. Gotta move them before they have it built.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Still no sign of the House Martin’s :?