Feed the birds

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Feed the birds

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just had a song thrush in the garden we’ve been watching it for the last 15 minutes I’d love it if it became a regular. Beautiful bird that’s sadly in decline.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Had a decent sized flock of mainly Redwing but a couple of Fieldfare as well stripping the berries off a neighbours tree. Also there’s approximately 16 Blackbirds in and around the garden this morning.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

A few weeks ago, just before sunset every day, starlings started to arrive from various directions, gradually forming groups in the sky at the rear of our garden. We now have the privilege of seeing a huge murmuration every afternoon from the comfort of our own living room. Such a spectacular wonder of nature.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote:A few weeks ago, just before sunset every day, starlings started to arrive from various directions, gradually forming groups in the sky at the rear of our garden. We now have the privilege of seeing a huge murmuration every afternoon from the comfort of our own living room. Such a spectacular wonder of nature.
We get a regular flock but in the last week we've had one visit on its own, it came 3 days in a row but didn't see it yesterday. That was possibly because we were actually out gardening so maybe see it today.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

MOT1964 wrote:A few weeks ago, just before sunset every day, starlings started to arrive from various directions, gradually forming groups in the sky at the rear of our garden. We now have the privilege of seeing a huge murmuration every afternoon from the comfort of our own living room. Such a spectacular wonder of nature.
I see it often when I’m out with our dog, but never had the pleasure from my own garden, a stunning show, it really is.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

The woodpecker is back somewhere in the trees at the end of our back garden. He seems to come here for a few months then disappear for a while before returning, I don't know if that is their usual behaviour
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just added a second detached property to our growing port folio this morning. Ok so it’s another bird box hopefully this year we’ll get a couple of tenants in one of our properties ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just added a second detached property to our growing port folio this morning. Ok so it’s another bird box hopefully this year we’ll get a couple of tenants in one of our properties ;)
We have a bird box on the bungalow wall and Mrs SW as noticed a Tit coming out a couple of times in the last week :thumbup:

A few years since we last had a resident.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

On our morning walk a field near us is really flooded badly and actually looks like a pond, yesterday there was 12 Swans on it :crazy:

Not been that route this morning so don't know if still there.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Some peregrine falcons have been nesting at the top of Wakefield cathedral, I think for a number of years now and I’ve been a bit fixated with the webcam set up to watch them. It’s a bit gruesome, and sad, at times when they bring prey home but great to watch them flying in and out.

The website is here, obviously click on the pictures for live viewing.....

https://wakefieldperegrines.com/webcams/
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.