Hobbies

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Hobbies

Post by Davycc »

I think this topic may have been started a while back but since we've had an influx of new members I ask again. What's your bag when it comes to passing an hour or so, what lets you unwind. One of my hobbies is sketching and drawing and only for fun. Last week I took around 20 painting and sketches to our local Animal Sanctuary charity shop as they only take up space but its the challenge I like.

The one below is of a local landmark "Scrabo Tower" any guesses to where the one in progress is?

WIP

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Hobbies

Post by Selby White »

They look excellent Davy, bit of talent in our ranks.

Personally at quiet times love doing puzzles, Suzuki, logic problems, etc.
Occasionally I'll write poems but only when either really happy or sad in life do I get the urge.

Me and my better half always have a jigsaw on the go.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Davycc wrote:I think this topic may have been started a while back but since we've had an influx of new members I ask again. What's your bag when it comes to passing an hour or so, what lets you unwind. One of my hobbies is sketching and drawing and only for fun. Last week I took around 20 painting and sketches to our local Animal Sanctuary charity shop as they only take up space but its the challenge I like.

The one below is of a local landmark "Scrabo Tower" any guesses to where the one in progress is?

WIP

Wow mate, that's great! The clouds especially are v impressive indeed. I hope you sign them if you're giving them away.

ps can you take us through how you posted the image on here please?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Excellent stuff Davy there's plenty of artists on here just not that use a brush & paint :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Wow mate, that's great! The clouds especially are v impressive indeed. I hope you sign them if you're giving them away.

NottinghamWhite wrote:Excellent stuff Davy there's plenty of artists on here just not that use a brush & paint :roll:
Cheers guys, There are plenty that end up being wiped off and painted over but its relaxing. ANS I'm leased with the clouds myself I nearly get them but they always seamed to look like cottom wool balls this is the first I've got near to how I want them.

I use Photobucket but there's other image hosting site but I have problems using them. Photobucket seems slow but its easy to use.

Logon to Photobucket http://s32.photobucket.com/ and sign up it's free.

then its easy to upload photos videos etc (though can feel slow) just make sure you know where on your PC the photos are.

Once in your "library" in Photobucket click on the image you want to add the the forum and you will see a list of options to the right, like below

Click on the direct option (it will turn yellow and say copied)

then just go to your post and use the Img option when posting and paste the link into it.

Hope this helps
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:

Seriously ?? :wtf:

How many times ? :D

I think there's a fixed topic for it in the how to section
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

'Seriously??' This isn't a Friends episode, the one where everyone English starts sentences with Seriously? or Honestly? or anything else crappy American :D

Rigger, it didn't work last time I tried, SERIOUSLY :D
Deleted User 728

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway ..

I'm a hifi nut.
I play way too many video games.
I read and I write and I make pictures, mostly on the computer these days.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

One of my main hobbies is peeing off forum mods :lol:
Deleted User 728

My status has nothing to do with it, mate - you'd press my buttons if I were merely a guest ;)