Hobbies

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Hobbies

Post by Selby White »

Man of many skills Davy, great work :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Thank you guys, and especially Johnh who has asked if he can claim the painting and insisting to give a donation to charity of my choice for it. Fantastic gesture John :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

Well it's golf for me try to play 2 times a week weather permitting usaly on a Tuesday and Thursday and if LUFC are away I'll my be go at the weekend if there's a competition on at my local club The last 3 years iv travel up to Scotland and played a lot up there usaly In June July Or August at course were there's a seniors open on As It's cheap golf and your competing agains uther Players Iv tied It In The Last 2years With The Scotish Open which Is Played The Week Before Re British open and usuly you see lots off top players At the end off the day it's good exercise and keeps you active or that's what I tell my self when I play bad :D :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

90 miles a hour wrote:Well it's golf for me try to play 2 times a week weather permitting usaly on a Tuesday and Thursday and if LUFC are away I'll my be go at the weekend if there's a competition on at my local club The last 3 years iv travel up to Scotland and played a lot up there usaly In June July Or August at course were there's a seniors open on As It's cheap golf and your competing agains uther Players Iv tied It In The Last 2years With The Scotish Open which Is Played The Week Before Re British open and usuly you see lots off top players At the end off the day it's good exercise and keeps you active or that's what I tell my self when I play bad :D :D
90mph - Which is your local club? Which courses have you played in Scotland? I played up to the year before last when I 'retired'.
Not too bad at 79!
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Thank you guys, and especially Johnh who has asked if he can claim the painting and insisting to give a donation to charity of my choice for it. Fantastic gesture John
:clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Think we all know that my passion is cricket will be at Headingley on Tuesday for the YCCC game & Trent Bridge on Thursday for the ODI v The Windies.
Winner of the Europa League
90 miles a hour

johnh wrote:
90 miles a hour wrote:Well it's golf for me try to play 2 times a week weather permitting usaly on a Tuesday and Thursday and if LUFC are away I'll my be go at the weekend if there's a competition on at my local club The last 3 years iv travel up to Scotland and played a lot up there usaly In June July Or August at course were there's a seniors open on As It's cheap golf and your competing agains uther Players Iv tied It In The Last 2years With The Scotish Open which Is Played The Week Before Re British open and usuly you see lots off top players At the end off the day it's good exercise and keeps you active or that's what I tell my self when I play bad :D :D
90mph - Which is your local club? Which courses have you played in Scotland? I played up to the year before last when I 'retired'.
Not too bad at 79!
I played at cleckheton but I'm a member at gotts park now played in Scotland this year at st Boswell / thornhill / Arbroath / apurdour / mussalburgh/ forfar all good courses when I play Tuesday /Thursday there's two gentlemen play at 84 and 86 :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

90mph, I didn't start playing golf till after I moved down south, so I haven't played much in Yorkshire. Headingley, Low Laithes, Howley Hall (Morley) and Abbeydale (Sheffield) are the only courses I've played up there. Played a bit in Scotland and was fortunate that they were all Corporate days, so got them for free. :D Played Turnberry (several times and my favourite course) Dalmahoy, St. Andrews and Gleneagles. Down here I was a member at Sonning for over 30 years and also, more recently, Maidenhead. Don't particularly miss playing now, particularly if its peeing down! Is Gotts Park still 9 holes? There is a course not far from me, Datchet, which is 9 holes and very popular when you are struggling to play 18. Maidenhead is a 'straight out and straight back' 18 holes, so if you only play 9 you are at the far end of the course. :shock: My other favourite course is Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire, if you ever get a chance to play there, grab it. I used to keep a record of all the courses I played and got up to 110 but lost the list.
I once played against Don Revie.
90 miles a hour

Yes play all the big courses as well over the years I played in 70 stop for about 10 years started again around 88 until 95 stop again all due to work and family now I'm retired and have more time I started again well about 4 years ago and like I said i play Tuesday and Thursday and play as they call it with the old guys it's good fun we play for a pound each and depending on the weather there's usual 10 to 20 pluss turn up if you win the hardest thing is getting your pound from a Yorkshire man :D and no it's 18 hole gotts park very hilly well the first 5 are I played up at horsforth golf club on the 7th September in a senior open and the starter on the first tee was a old guy and had a Leeds United coat and hat on we tee off late as we were having a good chat about the old Leeds team :D Norman hunters is still a member up there but didn't play that day but plays often
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW decided to unpack some boxes of things from her Dads house we've had in the spare room since he passed away 18month ago.

Was lots of paintings he had done himself, really good stuff to my untrained eye so busy hanging a few on the walls.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.