Decembers offering

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Decembers offering

Post by Selby White »

Have a go :-

1. Christmas is coming, what are your plans ?

2. What is the best Christmas you've ever had ?

3. With the January transfer window just around the corner which position (just one) in the team do you think is our biggest priority to strengthen ?

4. If you had a spare room in your house and the cash to convert it to whatever you wanted what would you go for :-
a- Gym - with all the equipment
b- Games Room - Pool table, darts, board games, etc
c- Office/Study/Library
d- Home Cinema
e- Other

5. If you could be a contestant in any TV game show what would it be ?

6. Will you be making any New Year resolutions ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Decembers offering

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:Have a go :-

- Am off from the 19th to the 2nd of January and plan to do absolutely nothing. Apart from doing Oz a few years ago this is the first job where I'm actually off over Christmas at all so the tv, films etc is all new to me so feet up lay about, eat and drink.

- Had to be one of the early years with the kids when a day off actually fell on Christmas day.

3. With the January transfer window just around the corner which position (just one) in the team do you think is our biggest priority to strengthen ?
- Goal Keeper, simply because whilst not ideal we have players who can cover the others.

4. If you had a spare room in your house and the cash to convert it to whatever you wanted what would you go for?
d- Home Cinema - for films footy and wildlife progs.

- The Chase

-No, pointless I can never keep them.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

spending Christmas Day with our 2 grandchildren in Northampton
In Nepal it was just unbelievable with scenery, food & the people
Goalkeeper
4. If you had a spare room in your house and the cash to convert it to whatever you wanted what would you go for :-
c- Office/Study/Library
d- Home Cinema
e- Other
Home cinema
The Chase, I think Bradley Walsh is one of the funniest men on TV
No it would be pointless
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:1. Christmas is coming, what are your plans ?
spending Christmas Day with our 2 grandchildren in Northampton
In Nepal it was just unbelievable with scenery, food & the people
Goalkeeper
c- Office/Study/Library
d- Home Cinema
e- Other
Home cinema
The Chase, I think Bradley Walsh is one of the funniest men on TV
No it would be pointless
Lets put a LUFCTALK team forward for the chase :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Quiet one during the day, then my Dad and Barlow Junior coming over in the evening. My daughter has decided to stay at home with her new Australian boyfriend.
All of them, bloody love Christmas.
Easy, another striker
c- Office/Study/Library
d- Home Cinema
e- Other
Games room. Mrs Barlow’s Dad had a Villa in Florida with a games room, it was absolutely brilliant with a huge fridge in the corner.
My general knowledge isn’t the best, so I’ll go for Deal or no deal where it’s just guess work.
No, don’t really understand why people wait until the New Year to make changes in their lives. Just do it, as and when required.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Selby White wrote:Have a go :-

Nothing set at the moment. If certain things fall into place we might have a road trip to the near continent before new year

When I worked in Monaco: the decorations were stupendous and the atmosphere was very festive

I'd bring in a Tom Huddlestone type player. Our midfield has done well but can get bullied physically; it's a must for the Championship

c- Office/Study/Library
d- Home Cinema
e- Other

Gym: I'm just too lazy to go to a sports club. It would have a fridge in the corner.

Not familliar with TV game shows; I liked '"Who wants to be a millionaire" but I'm not sure I could cope with being the centre of attention :lol:

I agree with BB's approach - improvements should be continuous, not just at one moment in time
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Have a go:-

1. Christmas is coming, what are your plans?

Spend it with my & my partner’s family and it will be my first one with an actual child which is mine

2. What is the best Christmas you've ever had?

Never had a good one, never had a bad one, every year they never stand out, maybe this year?

3. With the January transfer window just around the corner which position (just one) in the team do you think is our biggest priority to strengthen?

One would not be enough, the whole bloody lot (well most), ok a striker who can net 30 goals, oh hang on we used to have one of those!

c- Office/Study/Library
d- Home Cinema
e- Other

Games room as long as it had a huge TV and a beer fridge!

5. If you could be a contestant in any TV game show what would it be?

Hate game shows!

6. Will you be making any New Year resolutions?

No, they are a waste of time.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Have a go :-

Same every year, the Christmas dinner at the in-laws just about saves it for me. They do a fabulous spread! It more than makes up for the selection of Christmas movie's that follow.

When I was a kid I used to love that excitement when my Mum & Dad would be trimming up in the house. We would always have a roaring fire and Jim Reeves Christmas album would always be playing in the back ground. So for me it would be that warm safe space that my Mum & Dad created for me that I hold such fond memories off.

CM. It's the most important position on the pitch for me and with Klich it would seem deemed surplus to requirements for whatever reason. The lads in there are working tirelessly but how long can they go on? Letting Bridcutt go was a mistake for me.

c- Office/Study/Library
d- Home Cinema
e- Other

b) Games room. Its every boys dream isn't it? to have a fully fitted out games room. The problem would be finding someone to share it with.

Mastermind (well you did ask) :D

It will be the usual guilty feeling of over indulgence at Christmas.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Probably with the other half's family.

Like VHTM it would have to be one from my childhood.

A replacement for Kyle Bartley.

c- Office/Study/Library
d- Home Cinema
e- Other
Library

University Challenge

No!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's not my favourite time of year, having worked in retail for so long, though the last decade has seen me mellow a bit, mainly because I've actually had more than just the day itself off. I think I've got three days off this year, then three on between Xmas and NYE, before a glorious fortnight off the first two weeks of January.
I'll be driving to my gf's place on Xmas morning. She wants to spend it with her daughter (who's 8) then I'll roll in just in time for lunch. I suspect I may break the landspeed record between Southampton and Yeovil that day as I doubt there'll be many cars on what is normally a fiddly road. It's only 50 miles or so but it can take two hours when it's busy. I want to do it in around 1hr 15m :)
We're spending NYE in Southampton and have a couple of parties we could go to but I think we'd just prefer to stay in. I think it's the most overhyped night of the year, mainly for part-time drinkers, and I don't think either of us want the hassle of it all ..

Ironically, the first one I spent away from my family.
I was a student in London and working in an Irish pub in the east end. Split shifts in those days and we were all asked to work 12pm-2pm but only regulars and their families were allowed in. Then at 6pm, the landlord and landlady laid on a massive buffet and invited everyone back for the evening where they had a great covers band and everyone got royally trollied, most got up to sing with the band and not a single drink was poured by the staff, with the regulars each taking a half hour stint behind the pumps for once.
It wasn't about the boozing, but the real sense of community and - for me - pure curiosity as to how different an experience Christmas can be for people. I was welcomed with open arms and really felt I belonged there after that.
Great times.

For me, it's not about personnel, but playing three in midfield rather than having the extra man in attack.
That would help us keep the ball and shore up the defence at the same time.
Having said that, we never addressed left-back or centre-half properly and if Jansson or Berardi gets injured or suspended (if ??!!) then we'll be down to the bare bones. If CBJ is constantly crocked, get him off the wage bill and get someone else in who can, ideally, play both positions like he can. Matt Kilgallon as a stop-gap till the summer ??

c- Office/Study/Library
d- Home Cinema
e- Other

My flat is already one big man cave and I have a gym/study already, surround sound systems in both the living room and the bedroom and two Subbuteo tables I can use either in the kitchen or lounge, so I would probably just skim one wall perfectly flat, paint it white and buy an HD projector for movies.

I used to love The Krypton Factor, so probably either that or Mark Lamarr-era Buzzcocks if they'd allow record shop staff on it !

Will I ****.
Sort your life out.
If you need to do that, you're not living it right in the first place.