New Badge

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: New Badge

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Davycc wrote I like this as well but think it needs a slight colour adjustment. Not saying mine is correct but just think it was too "washed out"

I'll admit it does look better with deeper colours
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
MyNameIsMark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by MyNameIsMark »

OK, I thought I'd have a go too. Here are my efforts, minus the rose, if they insist....

I like the idea of retaining some of our heritage & love the smiley logo (was it really introduced in '73? That was my birth year :) ) Quite like the idea of bringing back the peacock too. It'll soon reflect our stylish, flamboyant football!! :lol:
Just as Rigger says, I think simplicity is the key. Something iconic too. Maybe mines a little too retro & there's not enough white? I immediately pictured it on an all white strip though, so it'd work fine at home. I actually prefer the first one, with no text at all, but I know it'll need the club's name somewhere.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Or without the rose
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

MyNameIsMark wrote:OK, I thought I'd have a go too. Here are my efforts, minus the rose, if they insist....

I like the idea of retaining some of our heritage & love the smiley logo (was it really introduced in '73? That was my birth year :) ) Quite like the idea of bringing back the peacock too. It'll soon reflect our stylish, flamboyant football!! :lol:
Just as Rigger says, I think simplicity is the key. Something iconic too. Maybe mines a little too retro & there's not enough white? I immediately pictured it on an all white strip though, so it'd work fine at home. I actually prefer the first one, with no text at all, but I know it'll need the club's name somewhere.

I agree with you - it looks great, that one.
I don't think we NEED the name, personally. I know that for burgeoning markets like Asia, North America and the middle east we are probably more marketable with it (literally) spelled out for them but branding is more than just a badge, overseas fans and shirt sales.

If you think about some of the most iconic football clubs on the planet, there's loads that don't have the name on their badge simply because they're so big they don't need it. It's not done Shell, Apple, Nike or Microsoft any harm, has it ?

There are loads of massive clubs with crests that don't feature their names :
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus (new version)
AC Milan
Internazionale
Benfica
Porto
Marseilles
Hamburg
PSV
Dortmund

... every single one a European Champion.
We've been to the final and were one of the best teams in Europe for many years - we don't need the name in ours either.
MyNameIsMark

Post by MyNameIsMark »

Exactly. I love the idea of having an icon, plain & simple. Apple, Nike & Shell are excellent examples. I mean, how stripped down can you get?

I dare say most football fans are familiar enough with the white, blue & yellow of Leeds so having text to hammer it home is unnecessary but, yeah, the overseas market is where our future riches probably lie so I guess a name stamped on it somewhere would be more important. If need be the name could easily be added afterwards, either in 2 lines above or below the logo, or in a circle.

Last one, for those unfamiliar with the club...

Making the smiley circular seems to strengthen it a little more. Should've done them all like that. A bit more white's in there now too :)
docwhite13

Post by docwhite13 »

MyNameIsMark wrote:Exactly. I love the idea of having an icon, plain & simple. Apple, Nike & Shell are excellent examples. I mean, how stripped down can you get?

I dare say most football fans are familiar enough with the white, blue & yellow of Leeds so having text to hammer it home is unnecessary but, yeah, the overseas market is where our future riches probably lie so I guess a name stamped on it somewhere would be more important. If need be the name could easily be added afterwards, either in 2 lines above or below the logo, or in a circle.
Gotta submit that one. Like it....a lot.

Making the smiley circular seems to strengthen it a little more. Should've done them all like that. A bit more white's in there now too :)
docwhite13

Post by docwhite13 »

docwhite13 wrote:
MyNameIsMark wrote:Exactly. I love the idea of having an icon, plain & simple. Apple, Nike & Shell are excellent examples. I mean, how stripped down can you get?

I dare say most football fans are familiar enough with the white, blue & yellow of Leeds so having text to hammer it home is unnecessary but, yeah, the overseas market is where our future riches probably lie so I guess a name stamped on it somewhere would be more important. If need be the name could easily be added afterwards, either in 2 lines above or below the logo, or in a

kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

docwhite13 wrote:
docwhite13 wrote:

I dare say most football fans are familiar enough with the white, blue & yellow of Leeds so having text to hammer it home is unnecessary but, yeah, the overseas market is where our future riches probably lie so I guess a name stamped on it somewhere would be more important. If need be the name could easily be added afterwards, either in 2 lines above or below the logo, or in a

Definitely. Love that.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
MyNameIsMark

Post by MyNameIsMark »

Thanks, folks.

I had a bit of a re-think. The smiley was the wrong way round (being slightly subversive) so I switched it back & gave the peacock better head plumage. I then realised that the older version almost looked like it was wearing a crown (which is kind of cool) so maybe I should've left it. I just don't know when to stop!!...

The bottom row has the "crown".
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

MyNameIsMark wrote:...The bottom row has the "crown".
3 'spikes' on the crown representing our 3 championship successes... Unfortunately Mr Peacock won't be getting hairier any time soon :cry:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay