Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Wigan White wrote:
Wigan White wrote:Well, that a great start to the new year.

Feeling a bit ropey, like I've got a chesty cough and cold so decided to do a test.

Positive. :roll:
Finally tested negative. :D
Are you positive :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Australia has revoked tennis star Novak Djokovic's visa for a second time in a row over his right to remain in the country unvaccinated.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Mr Russell what’s the latest on Djokovic ? Why isn’t he on a plane back to Croatia ?
Because he won his appeal in Court which means he technically can play but the immigration Minister has the last say as to whether he can, bloody confusing looking from the outside!!!!
Immigration Minister has cancelled his visa but Djokovic will appeal again, it continues.

Kick him out, end of!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

What I thought was rich was his father going on about human rights that’s not right on so many counts coming from a Serbian.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Novak lost his appeal, good chance he's goooonnneeee!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

From the BBC
Tennis star Novak Djokovic has lost his last-ditch court bid to stay in Australia and is set to be deported.
Judges rejected his appeal after the government cancelled the unvaccinated player's visa for a second time this month on public health grounds.
The decision has ended the 34-year-old's hopes of defending his Australian Open title and winning a record 21st Grand Slam.
He said he was "extremely disappointed" but respected the ruling.
"I will co-operate with the relevant authorities in relation to my departure from the country," he said in a statement.
He had been scheduled to play his first match on Monday.
During Sunday's court hearing before a three-judge panel, Djokovic's defence unsuccessfully argued that the grounds given by the government were "invalid and illogical".
Djokovic has been staying at an immigration detention hotel in Melbourne, the same place he was taken after his visa was first revoked following his arrival on 6 January.
A judge later overturned that decision, finding that border officials had ignored correct procedure when he arrived, but the government stepped in last Friday to revoke the visa yet again.
There has been much public anger in Australia over Djokovic's attempt to enter the country while unvaccinated.
The government has repeatedly said that no-one is above the strict rules in place to cope with the pandemic.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

I've had a sore throat all week, tested negative every day, felt great this morning and bloody positive. At least I'll be able to watch the match, as we did have my wife's niece and best friend coming over. Every cloud.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

cheffy007 wrote:I've had a sore throat all week, tested negative every day, felt great this morning and bloody positive. At least I'll be able to watch the match, as we did have my wife's niece and best friend coming over. Every cloud.
Sorry Steve, but that made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best mate :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

cheffy007 wrote:I've had a sore throat all week, tested negative every day, felt great this morning and bloody positive. At least I'll be able to watch the match, as we did have my wife's niece and best friend coming over. Every cloud.
Weird. I felt rough over the New Year but kept getting negative results. Finally started to feel good on Thursday and thought nothing of it. Saw your post just now and thought I ought to test again. Positive.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sniffer wrote:
Weird. I felt rough over the New Year but kept getting negative results. Finally started to feel good on Thursday and thought nothing of it. Saw your post just now and thought I ought to test again. Positive.
Mrs SW felt rough a few days before testing positive (sore throat & headache). When she was positive all her joints ached and was really tired.
Since recovering she is still feeling tired at times but slowly getting better.
Certainly no temperature or loss of taste with the Omicron.

Take care both of you.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.