Angus Kinnear exclusive interview

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Angus Kinnear exclusive interview

Post by Nic »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Enjoyed reading these, and thanks to Angus for taking the time to reply. I’ve met him a couple of times at games, and the player of the year awards, he always comes across as a decent bloke who has time for the fans - decent sense of humour too.

From the answers, I find it a bit sad, although I’m not surprised in the slightest, how most things come down to money, the museum, the Pavilion generating cash, more hospitality areas to generate income etc. The way of the world now unfortunately.

I’m delighted that there are no plans to ever move from ER, I love the place and I’m not sure I could transgress to a new stadium. I didn’t know the EPL had certain specifications on floodlights either.
Well it won't surprise you BB, and I think I'm right in saying this, that the lighting requirements are all linked to... Sky TV rules. I could be wrong of course... I mean, the floodlights etc are already superb aren't they?

I knew a bit about the museum chances a while back - basically, it was something like this - 'If we have a museum then it has to be the BEST museum, and that costs more than a million to build, never mind maintain'. It was a vague plan to have it in the East Stand and Bates was very keen on the idea but the idea was kyboshed by GFH etc... I personally think it will happen one day but so much in football is in turmoil now thanks to Covid, and it wouldn't surprise me if lots of other LU plans are put back for a lengthy time due to it.
The floodlights are purely a Sky requirement as part of their agreement with the PL, so all clubs likely to go up are given a visit by the PL so they can be assured this is satisfied if going up. The media suite similarly has to be a certain minimum size and most likely it will be boxes in the Norman Hunter South stand that will be converted as this is a quick way to do it. On the SB podcast they mentioned that when we were supposed to go up under Bates the plan was to extend out in the west stand and put it on stilts.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Well I didn’t know anything about the floodlights thing, didn’t we used to have the tallest floodlights in Europe at one point ?. Presumably then, does it make some difference to the viewing experience on TV the quality of the floodlights ?

From AK’s comments, clearly the West Stand is the area they view as potentially developable, which makes complete sense to me (and I won’t be hindered from my spot in the KOP :D).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

There goes my seat in the Bremner Stand, then. :thumbdown:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

yorkfan wrote:There goes my seat in the Bremner Stand, then. :thumbdown:
I assume they will build on top of the existing stand, so long term you’d be ok, but it’s bound to be affected during the building process.

What’s it like viewing the game from there mate ?, I’ve always seen myself moving to the North West corner when I reach an age where I need to sit down during the game.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
What’s it like viewing the game from there mate ?, I’ve always seen myself moving to the North West corner when I reach an age where I need to sit down during the game.
Next season then :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: What’s it like viewing the game from there mate ?, I’ve always seen myself moving to the North West corner when I reach an age where I need to sit down during the game.
Next season then :thumbup:
:lol: :lol: :lol:.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

A big thank you for ANS for organising and AK for answering our questions :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Leicester White

Post by Leicester White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
yorkfan wrote:There goes my seat in the Bremner Stand, then. :thumbdown:
I assume they will build on top of the existing stand, so long term you’d be ok, but it’s bound to be affected during the building process.

We've got 2 seats in the Bremner Stand ... it's really nice - you can get served a decent pint in time to drink it at half-time. Our seats were really close to Norman Hunter's, but we've gone a bit lower and it's better as you don't lose sight of the ball when it gets booted high. Halfway line always best place to watch the game from! Pretty civilised in there too which suits me in my 50s and works well for taking one of my young daughters. Obviously preferred behind the goal in my teens and twenties!
yorkfan

Post by yorkfan »

Yes, as LW says, great view of the game, and a decent pint in nice surroundings at half-time, and since I am of a certain, ahem, age, upholstered seats, which is nice.

The only issues these days are that the front section has been given over to the corporate bodies, and trying to get more than one ticket on my Gold membership, which is, of course, impossible. :(
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cheers gents :thumbup:, you two probably know each other by sight.

I’m 50 next January, still relatively fit though, and whilst I prefer standing (which everyone does in the KOP) then I’m relatively settled. I was in the South Stand for ages, but got a bit much for me in there. :D.

At half time, I nip into the North West corner for a pint - there’s an adjoining door if you know where to look - and I’ve wandered up into the stand before and the view is excellent, hence my potential move there someday.