Player of the season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Player

Meslier
7%
Ayling
2%
Cooper
No votes
Llorente
2%
Koch
No votes
Struijk
No votes
Phillips
8%
Dallas
65%
Alioski
No votes
Klich
No votes
Harrison
No votes
Bamford
12%
Roberts
No votes
Costa
2%
Raphinha
3%
Rodrigo
No votes

Total votes: 60

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Player of the season

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Who’s yours ?
Winner of the Europa League
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Player of the season

Post by DominanceUK »

Player of the Year - Dallas
Young Player of the Year - Meslier
Most improved Player of the Year - Struijk
Goal of the Year - Raphina vs West Brom (so many to choose from)

Sry, NW. Couldn't help myself but add a couple :)
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

Dallas for me. but could so easily be many others. So MANY good performances all round, great season, agree with dominance about young player of the year. Meslier top goalkeeper, France number 1 soon you would think. Bye Bye Casilla. MOT.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

DominanceUK wrote:Player of the Year - Dallas
Young Player of the Year - Meslier
Most improved Player of the Year - Struijk
Goal of the Year - Raphina vs West Brom (so many to choose from)

Sry, NW. Couldn't help myself but add a couple :)
Hard to argue with the first 3 options - Maybe a shout for Raphinha as player of the year and certainly most exciting option - Plus very honourable mention for Bamford as not many of us, or indeed other football fans, would have expected that PB would have had such a good season, so certainly deserves a mention

Goal of the season - Dallas v City - based on euphoria - The only thing missing was a bunch of fans in the corner to celebrate with - But based on a 10 man performance, away from home, against arguably one of the finest PL teams ever, then can't see any other option
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

Give my vote to Phillips, we can replace Dallas even though he’s had a great season , but when Phillips is missing there’s a great hole in the side. ( which no one has filled).
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

whitedancer wrote:Give my vote to Phillips, we can replace Dallas even though he’s had a great season , but when Phillips is missing there’s a great hole in the side. ( which no one has filled).
I take your point re Kalvin and agree with you but I think we'll go a long way to find another Dallas, Mr consistent, such an engine just slots into any position (probably just waiting for a stint in nets) and he pops up with a few vital goals
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

Dallas for me - never has a bad game (shouldn’t say that) and gives his all no matter where he plays. My prediction for next year is Llorente - since he’s got back to fitness he’s anchored what has been a leaky defence. And maybe Meslier - he looks some goalie.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Dallas this season, Raphinha next season for me - a world-beater who will start matches at the start of next season unlike this one. Most improved I think is Bamford ... he may well need to improve as much again to keep the shirt given what Rodrigo showed on Saturday.
dhenness
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dhenness »

Dallas for me, purely for his consistency throughout the year, his flexibility to slip into multiple positions without unbalancing or lessening the quality of the team. His non stop engine and finally in the last couple of weeks, his goals. He is the consummate professional and a roll model for any up coming players.

Honorable mentions for:-

Phillips - His improvement and ability now to dictate games has been immense
Ayling - Consistency and has not looked out of place in the Premier League, also his engine and has played all PL games so far this year. Has been called to cover CB and did well.
Raphina - The ease at which he has transitioned into a new team and jumped up from French League to PL. Not only is skill and ability is awesome, he is no pre-madonna and works equally as hard as everyone else.
Bamford - Another honest pro and who has proved some many wrong. Delighted for him.
Meslier - How much has he grown in the last 12 months, look at him coming out claiming crosses against Burnley at the weekend whereby last time we played them he was punching. Has ironed out a lot of the errors.
Struijk - Similar to Mesiler, who amongst us would have said 12 months ago he would be in our starting first eleven. Again, one can only imagine how good this kid will be, he is still 21.
Llorente - My "end of season" of player of the year - brought a lot of control and calmness to back line and comes out well with the ball
Harrison - Honest, honest work-rate and in last matches has been great

And finally Alioski - for his madcap antics (we will miss him) and will forgive his "faux pas's" throughout the year. Lovable rogue!
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Davycc wrote:
whitedancer wrote:Give my vote to Phillips, we can replace Dallas even though he’s had a great season , but when Phillips is missing there’s a great hole in the side. ( which no one has filled).
I take your point re Kalvin and agree with you but I think we'll go a long way to find another Dallas, Mr consistent, such an engine just slots into any position (probably just waiting for a stint in nets) and he pops up with a few vital goals
Am I mistaken, or did Dallas replace our ‘keeper some years ago in a match, where our ‘keeper were sent of?
Anyway: I’m quite sure, that Dallas would be first choise to replace Bielsa, should he become ill :)