Player of the season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Player

Meslier
7%
Ayling
2%
Cooper
No votes
Llorente
2%
Koch
No votes
Struijk
No votes
Phillips
8%
Dallas
65%
Alioski
No votes
Klich
No votes
Harrison
No votes
Bamford
12%
Roberts
No votes
Costa
2%
Raphinha
3%
Rodrigo
No votes

Total votes: 60

Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Player of the season

Post by Mr Russell »

I think most of the team are honorable mentions to be honest but its blindingly obvious that Stuart Dallas is the player of the year. He might not be the best player in the team but he's Mr Consistent and for that Marcelo clearly rates him. Young player i'll pick Pascal, he's grown in stature each game and clearly has a very good understanding with Llorente.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
pele
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by pele »

I've gone for Meslier but it was a close call. But I just think he's been outstanding this year and will only get better.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

pele wrote:I've gone for Meslier but it was a close call. But I just think he's been outstanding this year and will only get better.
It’s 50/50 for me between Meslier and Dallas, both have contributed massively this season.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

DominanceUK wrote:Player of the Year - Dallas
Young Player of the Year - Meslier
Most improved Player of the Year - Struijk
Goal of the Year - Raphina vs West Brom (so many to choose from)
agree with all but goal of the season.
I called Dallas to be my player of the season a good 4-8 week ago and in this time span nothing had changed my mind.

Meslier is gonna be huge if he maintain his current trajectory.

Struijk is a legit 1st pick imo. he gives cooper a fight for his position in terms of ability. I remember him in the beginning of the season fightened and always looking to load off posession when being pressured, now he feels like a natural pick as CB and he is 20 so experience will only improve him

Goal of the season is hard as we had so many exciting ones. In terms of overall class and meaning dallas' 2nd against city is the best.
honorable mentiones for bamford's 2nd or 3rd against villa (or both), every goal against west brom (including the og), bamford's goal against leicester, and the whole counter attack for the 3rd against leicester.

Looking back on highlights from our wins dallas is like the forrest gump of this squad. he had crucial impact in every massive win we had, he's been involved in many of the greates goals this season, and generally he has just been there in every game playing unselfish football never stopped running.

I found a quote from forrest gump that I could've belived said dallas :lol: :
That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of the town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on goin'. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on goin'. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on goin'.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

My vote goes to Kalvin Phillips for Player of the Season. Dallas in second.

Whole squad has been amazing in so many ways. Guess Dallas will get it, we love a good grifter at Leeds and he has worked very hard indeed. Just think Phillips offers that little bit more overall. :)
Metro1962

Post by Metro1962 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
pele wrote:I've gone for Meslier but it was a close call. But I just think he's been outstanding this year and will only get better.
It’s 50/50 for me between Meslier and Dallas, both have contributed massively this season.
I agree. :thumbup:

Without being bias towards my team I would pick Leeds Utd as the best team of the season. :lol:

So obviously I would not do that1! :clap:

I see there are a few 0's alongside some players including Coops,He has just been picked for Scotland in the upcoming Euros. :wave:
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Deebo wrote:My vote goes to Kalvin Phillips for Player of the Season. Dallas in second.

Whole squad has been amazing in so many ways. Guess Dallas will get it, we love a good grifter at Leeds and he has worked very hard indeed. Just think Phillips offers that little bit more overall. :)
Hope you mean grafter... :?
Leicester White

Post by Leicester White »

Metro1962 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
I agree. :thumbup:

Without being bias towards my team I would pick Leeds Utd as the best team of the season. :lol:

So obviously I would not do that1! :clap:

I see there are a few 0's alongside some players including Coops,He has just been picked for Scotland in the upcoming Euros. :wave:
I agree with that. Assuming we beat West Brom, I think Bielsa will be nominated for Manager of The Month again ... let's step up our votes and get him well deserved recognition. Bruce got more votes than Bielsa last month...
bc grinner
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by bc grinner »

I’m voting for Phillips primarily because it scared the life out of me to see him not in the squad. I was tempted to cast a vote for Ayling in recognition of the fact that he and Dallas were the only players who played every minute of the season (37 starts, 0 subs) and he's sitting at zero.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

I've gone for Dallas but Ayling pushed him close. Because Dallas does such an unbelievable amount of running, I think there's a danger that his improvement in quality can get missed. He has given every ounce of himself in every game, but he has also played VERY well. For me he's actually a contender for Premier league player of the season, not just Leeds player. The improvement in both of the players I've mentioned under Bielsa is nothing short of miraculous. That also can be said for Philips, Bamford, Cooper and Klich. What a season it's been.