2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by blackbox2342 »

Rangers credited with interest in Summerville whilst Spurs are allegedly relooking at Harrison.
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Tbh I won't be thinking properly about transfers until we're mathematically safe, although obviously you'd hope the club are planning for both eventualities...
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leonickroberts wrote:Tbh I won't be thinking properly about transfers until we're mathematically safe, although obviously you'd hope the club are planning for both eventualities...
Exactly think both possibilities have to be considered until the mathematics say it is final.
Saying that I'm confident we are staying up but have said that all season, of course getting key players back has helped.
Actually think we've enough points now, think the bottom 3 will finish with less than 33 but of course that is an opinion and won't know until the last ball is kicked.

Once it is confirmed we are in the Prem my first thought will be about who we are keeping rather than selling.

Once that is sorted my 2nd thought will be which U23's should be first team squad regulars and get game time even when everyone is fit. Good case for Cresswell, Gelhardt, Greenwood & Summerville who should all continued their improvement curve.
Bate, Heldje and a few others as well will eventually have a strong case as they progress.

Once that is decided we also need to get rid of those we don't need.

Then we will know who we need to sign, where the gaps in the squad are.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

"Jack Harrison won NINE tackles today, more than any other player involved at Vicarage Road today.

He also won 12 total duels, no player involved won more than him today. "

Mammoth performance

I keep saying it... we already have a great bombing left back :D

Go sign another winger.

We def need a forward imo. I would like another inverted winger on the left, 2 very high quality centre mid and a right back.
Winger : Kvaratskhelia 21
Midfielders : Aaronson 21 Kamara 22
Striker : Sesko 18
RB : I would actually like Dest 21. if it is viable as he is very good and can play on both sides. (without offloading Raphinha)

All these players have very high ceilings and are young. This is the sort of window I would like.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

corkleedsmot wrote:"Jack Harrison won NINE tackles today, more than any other player involved at Vicarage Road today.

He also won 12 total duels, no player involved won more than him today. "

Mammoth performance

I keep saying it... we already have a great bombing left back :D

Go sign another winger.

We def need a forward imo. I would like another inverted winger on the left, 2 very high quality centre mid and a right back.
Winger : Kvaratskhelia 21
Midfielders : Aaronson 21 Kamara 22
Striker : Sesko 18
RB : I would actually like Dest 21. if it is viable as he is very good and can play on both sides. (without offloading Raphinha)

All these players have very high ceilings and are young. This is the sort of window I would like.
Well, to put it kindly, if you really think, we have realistic chance for players like Dest AND keeping Raphinha, then this will be most certainly a window you wouldn't like.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

A $20 mill defender isn't realistic?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

corkleedsmot wrote:A $20 mill defender isn't realistic?
He cost Barca 21mill euros with 5 mill add ons.
Since then he's played numerous times for them and as over 3 years of his contract to run. Has become a full international.
He would cost much more than $20mill.

Would suspect around £50mill as a estimate.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
superfox

Post by superfox »

For left back I would like a young Championship talent - if Derby get relegated, then Buchanan would be an interesting choice.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Selby White wrote:
Since then he's played numerous times for them and as over 3 years of his contract to run. Has become a full international.

Dest was already an international and barca paid 140 million for dembele, do they get that if he has 3 years on him contract? Not a hope

Dest stock has not risen and Barca want rid because Xavi doesn't want him. The reason why he is available is Barca are trying to raise funds and recoup what they paid
superfox

Post by superfox »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Dest was already an international and barca paid 140 million for dembele, do they get that if he has 3 years on him contract? Not a hope

Dest stock has not risen and Barca want rid because Xavi doesn't want him. The reason why he is available is Barca are trying to raise funds and recoup what they paid
Even if you're right, he's on the radar of clubs like Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Roma, Napoli, teams playing European football.
He will not even think of coming to a lower house team, especially with Bielsa now went.
This is the kind of unrealistic Football Manager-signing people hope for, the Cunhas and the De Pauls coming every transfer window.