LufcTalk Hall of Fame Inductee - Marcelo Bielsa

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

LufcTalk Hall of Fame Inductee - Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Selby White »

Inducted into our Hall of Fame is Marcelo Bielsa and how lucky we are to have this great man as our manager.

I know plenty as been written about Marcelo so I won't copy and past just give my own thoughts with the help of course of youtube videos.

Lets start with the history of the Man -

He came to Leeds and I will be the first to admit that I knew nothing about him but despite some folk saying he wont understand the championship (not me) the more I read about him the more fascinated I became.
I've a love of coaching and Marcelo is a pure coach, I believe in dedication and Marcelo takes it to another level. To me Marcelo is everything you would want from a coach, he makes players better he perfects tactics, some say he is stubborn well you don't get to the top bowing to media pressure.
He knows what he wants and demands it, buy into it or get off the ship is the policy, I love it.

“A man with new ideas is a madman, until his ideas triumph”.

At Leeds we've seen our team improve in each of his 3 seasons and why shouldn't we expect it to happen again and climb a bit further up the ladder because Marcelo proves one thing and that it isn't always about how much you spend. We all see the usual batch of so called top managers going to the big Clubs and winning by spending silly money which actually proves very little.
The non big Clubs need to study Marcelo as he shows there is a way by only spending what you can afford and improving what you have got, lets face it that is coaching and how it should be.

One theory of mine is it isn't always the best footballers that make the top coaches although they often get top jobs, its the ones whose ability made them better than decent pros but intelligent enough to know what is required.
Just a look at Clubs now that overachieve on their spending/wage bills points towards that, Bielsa at Leeds, Rodgers at Leicester, Moyes at west Ham, Tuchel at Chelsea and even Dyche at Burnley all share modest playing careers.

Will know leave it with another video and allow the rest of you to tell us what you feel about our great man :thumbup:

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.