Weight loss

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Weight loss

Post by Wigan White »

Nothing on this thread for a couple of months.

How's everyone doing?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Having a couple of months break (had lots going on) but holding steady on the weight, hope to kick on again in the Autumn.

Not forgotten the thread but good to bring it up again :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Yep, since my job move I don't do the weekly weigh in but if we get it going here I'll try to keep up. Staying steady myself.... I think ... must weigh myself 😆
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Weighed myself just over 3 week's ago and had gone up to my starting weight showing the last time I'd tried to lose some (15st 10lbs).

There was an offer at a local gym of no joining fee, £10 for the first month, £21.99 per month after and no contract. Had never been in a gym in my life but thought I needed to do something so joined knowing that I could cancel anytime.

Trying to go a least 3 times a week but starting slowly. Also watching what I'm eating.

Weighed myself this morning and down to 15st 1lb.

9 lbs lost in 3 week's so not a bad start but still a bit to go.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 12:12 Weighed myself just over 3 week's ago and had gone up to my starting weight showing the last time I'd tried to lose some (15st 10lbs).

There was an offer at a local gym of no joining fee, £10 for the first month, £21.99 per month after and no contract. Had never been in a gym in my life but thought I needed to do something so joined knowing that I could cancel anytime.

Trying to go a least 3 times a week but starting slowly. Also watching what I'm eating.

I’ve stated it previously Al, when I retired I went up to 14st in the space of 6 months. I retired in May, so had a full summer of beer, beer, beer and takeaways.

In the following January I started at the gym, bought a book by Bill Phillips called Eat For Life, went to the gym 3 times a week and followed all his meal plans and I was back down to 11st in a matter of months. Now I’m pretty much stuck at 11st, and can eat what I want and when I want. One of the best things I ever did joining the gym.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Wigan White wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 12:12 Weighed myself just over 3 week's ago and had gone up to my starting weight showing the last time I'd tried to lose some (15st 10lbs).

Really good going that WW.

I've been struggling with an ankle injury, so a lot of exercise often results in a painful evening. it's been ongoing some time and docs ain't been a great help, gave me anti-inflameteries told me to rest and use ice.

As you probably know I play competitive table tennis. Did a training session last Friday (footwork routines) for 90mins and averaged burning 120cals every 15mins so 720 in the 90mins.
Use a pedometer to calculate also just under 7,000 steps in the 90min session.
Was quite pleased as only played a few matches recently and not really trained properly.

Be interesting rather than just making this a weight loss thread we should include exercise stuff.
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Been on the scales this morning and down to 14st 9lbs.
That's over a stone gone. :o

Can't remember the last time the first number was a 14 and not 15.

Not been well over the weekend so it may be a false reading but I'll take it.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Great stuff WW :clap:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Great job WW
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Well done WW you should be proud of yourself ;)