Weight loss

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Weight loss

Post by johnh »

My weight is almost identical to the weight I was when I packed in football in 1976 (aged 40). Never have to diet and eat what I have always eaten. Not a big drinker, particularly beer. My average is probably 2 pints per week, though slightly more during this hot spell!
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:My weight is almost identical to the weight I was when I packed in football in 1976 (aged 40). Never have to diet and eat what I have always eaten. Not a big drinker, particularly beer. My average is probably 2 pints per week, though slightly more during this hot spell!
That was the same as my dad, never put an ounce of weight on. I certainly didn't get those genes :cry:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Been to the gym today, and always use the same scales when weighing myself, so my Wednesday weigh in today is 11st 2.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:My weight is almost identical to the weight I was when I packed in football in 1976 (aged 40). Never have to diet and eat what I have always eaten. Not a big drinker, particularly beer. My average is probably 2 pints per week, though slightly more during this hot spell!
That was the same as my dad, never put an ounce of weight on. I certainly didn't get those genes :cry:
I'm jealous John, like Davy only got to look at food to put weight on, think a lot depends on a persons metabolism.
Can't totally blame that as of course some is self inflicted, lots of stuff I like is bad for you. :roll:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote: Can't totally blame that as of course some is self inflicted, lots of stuff I like is bad for you. :roll:
I once had to see a dietitian who told me if it tastes good spit it out :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Guilty Food & drink for me -
Beer - nowhere near as much as i once did, more of a wine drinker nowadays but enjoy the odd real Ale.
Wine - see above
Cheese - I do like a nibble late at night but will be cutting that out.
Bread - Enjoy it but its one I'll easily cut out (always do in diet mode).
Eating Out - Once per week and that is staying for now.

Good Stuff -
Fruit - In the main it'll now be fruit and nuts for lunch time snack, not a issue as like it.
Veggies - Right time of year as most is now coming direct from our garden so virtually every main meal it'll be a full plate (with a small piece of meet).
Sweet tooth - To be honest I love sweet stuff but in the main have avoided and we don't have biscuits & cakes in the house. Occasionally the local Cafe owner where call for a coffee occasionally who is also a friend gives us a free Scone (+jam & cream), rude to say no though.

The main thing that makes it hard is our holidays where I historically put weight on then have to take it off, everything is done in excess and don't believe people when the say "holiday calories don't count".
Trouble is we love travel and holidays and do lots although the recent backpacking ones have countered the trend, despite eating and drinking too much the many miles walked helped stop any increase in weight.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

21st July - 15st 12lb
28th July - 15st 10lb
Weeks loss - 2lb

Pleased with 2lb loss the result of no beer, bottle less of wine (missed Saturday) and cutting out late night snack of cheese and biscuits on 4 of the 7 nights. Did that by having evening meal later so not hungry late.

Still thought a loss maybe iffy as a sore ankle as resulted in very little exercise so hope can get a few walks in this week as it improves.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Can't do the weigh in today as am off work. The scales at home show a loss but it's too much in my mind so am ignoring it. Best to use the same scales especially as these ones were a bit on the cheap side lol
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:21st July - 15st 12lb
28th July - 15st 10lb
Weeks loss - 2lb

Pleased with 2lb loss the result of no beer, bottle less of wine (missed Saturday) and cutting out late night snack of cheese and biscuits on 4 of the 7 nights. Did that by having evening meal later so not hungry late.

Still thought a loss maybe iffy as a sore ankle as resulted in very little exercise so hope can get a few walks in this week as it improves.
Well done. 2lbs is a great amount, not too fast but enough to make it worthwhile. :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

21st July - 15st 12lb
28th July - 15st 10lb
4th Aug - 15st 9lb
Weeks loss - 1lb

Only 1lb but still down so happy with that for now.

Fortunately my sore ankle has cleared up so started doing a bit on it. Last 3 days walked around 5 mile and after been laid up a few weeks feels good.
Couple of sweet treats with the eating but in general been good, helps we've loads of veggies available straight from our Garden.
Did miss Fridays wine out (usually we have one Fri, Sat & sun). Was only going to do Saturday but Sunday was Yorkshire day so would have been rude not to.