Home tickets

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Home tickets

Post by Scott »

Barlow Boy wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 17:47
Scott wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 16:14 No email through yet, but there are tickets for Wolves showing in my account, so it looks like we're good to go. Good news is that it's given me two seats together. It has given me the most expensive tickets available though :lol: £48 to watch Wolves with the sun battering into my eyes in the lower east stand. I won't complain too much though. Stressful week of waiting over.
Have you got these Wolves tickets then mate, great if so :thumbup:
Certainly did mate, the email eventually came through. Slow process, but just chuffed to be getting to the first game of the season. It’s going to be a lot of stress this season though I reckon.
Scott

Post by Scott »

guitarmark wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 18:34
Scott wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 16:14 No email through yet, but there are tickets for Wolves showing in my account, so it looks like we're good to go. Good news is that it's given me two seats together. It has given me the most expensive tickets available though :lol: £48 to watch Wolves with the sun battering into my eyes in the lower east stand. I won't complain too much though. Stressful week of waiting over.
Well looks good news that you got 2 tickets and together and based on that I know I can try this option if plan A does not work

But the sun battering in your eyes, I would not be worried about as ER is in Yorkshire - I had 4 tickets last Sunday for Eng v SA at Headingley and rained off after about 2pm - The Sun and ER are not common factors - Yet I recall Leeds v Portsmouth, on a Sunday, a number of years ago (April 2004) and I was in the Revie Stand and you saw very little as the sun was blinding - makes you wonder how the GK's get on sometimes
Funnily enough, my only other experience of having sat in the lower east stand was also against Portsmouth. Spent the best part of 90 mins squinting at the pitch with the sun in my eyes. Although that was slightly later in the year, so hopefully the sun isn’t at its worst angle for that stand on Saturday.

Yeah the two seats together is good news too. I assume your ballot goes in as however many you apply together as, and you only get something if they can seat you together. They’d probably have loads of complaints if they split groups up.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Scott wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 22:09
Barlow Boy wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 17:47
Have you got these Wolves tickets then mate, great if so :thumbup:
Certainly did mate, the email eventually came through. Slow process, but just chuffed to be getting to the first game of the season. It’s going to be a lot of stress this season though I reckon.
Brilliant mate :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Blanc de blanc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Blanc de blanc »

What happens if you don’t have a smart phone or similar device, is there an alternative to lugging a PC to the ground? Asking for a friend.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Blanc de blanc wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 13:24 What happens if you don’t have a smart phone or similar device, is there an alternative to lugging a PC to the ground? Asking for a friend.
There is an option to print tickets at home mate.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

My first experience of using the smartphone ticket entry tonight and I have to say it was an absolute doddle. The staff at the gates are not your normal steward types, these guys actually know what they are doing :thumbup:
Blanc de blanc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Blanc de blanc »

Barlow Boy wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 20:35
Blanc de blanc wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 13:24 What happens if you don’t have a smart phone or similar device, is there an alternative to lugging a PC to the ground? Asking for a friend.
That’s cool, thanks, couldn’t see this option on the site. I do have one but have broken two and never take it out, never use data or internet (don’t know why I’ve got one really). I think it will be new 100k seater stadium before I manage to get a ticket mind.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Blanc de blanc wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 20:49
Barlow Boy wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 20:35
That’s cool, thanks, couldn’t see this option on the site. I do have one but have broken two and never take it out, never use data or internet (don’t know why I’ve got one really). I think it will be new 100k seater stadium before I manage to get a ticket mind.
Not sure where I read it, but I’ve definitely seen it somewhere.

Incidentally, the fella on the gate was telling me that all the gate staff have an override facility on their machines. So, if your phone goes dead or for whatever reason doesn’t work they can scan you in. Obviously, you have to prove who you are etc.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Read the announcement for Chelsea tickets wrong and thought the non-priority members' sale was tomorrow rather than today :? :? Ballot again for this one then :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Scott wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 14:12 Read the announcement for Chelsea tickets wrong and thought the non-priority members' sale was tomorrow rather than today :? :? Ballot again for this one then :lol:
Ballot for me also, been travelling back from down south so missed the sale :roll:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.