Home tickets

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Home tickets

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 16:32
Scott wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 16:09 Tickets sorted for Cagliari. Will be good to get back.

New ticketing system seems to work well. I like the fact it tells you how many seats are free in each section. Makes it much easier. And the e-ticket thing seems to work well. Got it in my Apple wallet ready to go already.
Yes, so far so good.

Apparently, for season ticket holders, we are getting individual tickets for each game rather than one ticket for the season if that makes sense.
Scratch my comment about the season tickets, got mine yesterday and it’s one for the whole season :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Good luck guys (all those cold dark nights in League 1 and Championship as a ST holder now seem worthwhile :lol:)

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/ticket ... -23-season
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Barlow Boy wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 14:15 Good luck guys (all those cold dark nights in League 1 and Championship as a ST holder now seem worthwhile :lol:)

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/ticket ... -23-season
I’m not looking forward to this sale. Allocation reduced by a chunk as we get bumped to second priority. And then reduced again by another chunk as they keep some back for the ballot. I predict this season isn’t going to be anywhere near as fun as last for getting to games.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Curious to see how the new system works this week for tickets. I’m fairly sure I had the old one figured out, so it’s like going in blind for the Wolves game. Fingers crossed it’s not going to be difficult tomorrow.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Scott wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 11:35 Curious to see how the new system works this week for tickets. I’m fairly sure I had the old one figured out, so it’s like going in blind for the Wolves game. Fingers crossed it’s not going to be difficult tomorrow.
I feel for you guys, a couple of our group are only members (not ST holders) and they are in the same boat. I think a couple of them have a chance of tickets today, which I don’t really understand.

Anyway, good luck :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 11:42
Scott wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 11:35 Curious to see how the new system works this week for tickets. I’m fairly sure I had the old one figured out, so it’s like going in blind for the Wolves game. Fingers crossed it’s not going to be difficult tomorrow.
I feel for you guys, a couple of our group are only members (not ST holders) and they are in the same boat. I think a couple of them have a chance of tickets today, which I don’t really understand.

One lad got a couple of tickets, the other lad found it had sold out by the time he got to the front of the queue.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Barlow Boy wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 13:03
Barlow Boy wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 11:42

One lad got a couple of tickets, the other lad found it had sold out by the time he got to the front of the queue.
Yeah this new system isn't filling me with confidence. I had a look to see how it works. Puts you in a holding room 30 mins before the sale starts, before then giving you a queue position at the on-sale time. Very similar to how Ticketmaster works these days. Suspect it's the same system even. Which I'm not a fan of. I joined the queue at 12.30 just to see and was 5,600th or so in the queue when it opened.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

At the risk of sounding stupid, who or what determines your position in the queue when the sale opens ?
Scott

Post by Scott »

Barlow Boy wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 13:42 At the risk of sounding stupid, who or what determines your position in the queue when the sale opens ?
Anyone's guess mate. Logic would dictate it's done by who was on the page at the time it generates the queue, but I suspect there's elements such as your internet speed at play as well.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Scott wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 14:30
Barlow Boy wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 13:42 At the risk of sounding stupid, who or what determines your position in the queue when the sale opens ?
Anyone's guess mate. Logic would dictate it's done by who was on the page at the time it generates the queue, but I suspect there's elements such as your internet speed at play as well.
It just comes across as an absolute lottery to me :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:.

I have a similar issue with away tickets, but that’s over and done with either way in five minutes or so as there are so few tickets so I don’t mind so much. One of our lads was on the website for well over 40 minutes before being told all sold out when he got to the front of the queue.