Home tickets

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
TelfordLeeds
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Home tickets

Post by TelfordLeeds »

I tried three ways and the best I got was 4,050 in the queue. Looking at how the queue moved along, I would say the first 3,500 got a ticket. I could still get in and various sections still had apparently had availability, but when you tried to get a seat, it said none were available - an irritating bug, as per the old website - it should say available / pending in somebodies basket / sold. I tried again after 1.00 and I was 11,704 in the queue, which would be the most trying to get a ticket (may be more most weeks, as this week would be a holiday week). So it sounds like about 8,000 were disappointed (but not sure how many of these would be eligible for tickets for friends & family as well). If it is correct that 3,000 go into the ballet, there must be a reasonable chance of getting one. If the 3,000 had been available today, I probably would have got one based on where I was in the queue!
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Barlow Boy wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 13:54 For a giggle, and practice, I’m going to try and get a Southampton away ticket on Friday (when they go on sale to ST holders). I was only successful once out of something like 11 times last season.

Am I better logging into my account at the start of the queue thing, or when I get to the front of the queue please ?
I'd log in first if I was you. The new system only lets you view tickets you're eligible to buy, so it should make it smoother once you get there if you're already logged in.

Applied for the Wolves ballot this morning. All automated from here, so just have to wait til Friday and hope the email confirmation drops in. I'll probably end up in those old wooden seats behind the TV gantry in the West Stand.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Scott wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 08:48
Barlow Boy wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 13:54 For a giggle, and practice, I’m going to try and get a Southampton away ticket on Friday (when they go on sale to ST holders). I was only successful once out of something like 11 times last season.

Am I better logging into my account at the start of the queue thing, or when I get to the front of the queue please ?
I'd log in first if I was you. The new system only lets you view tickets you're eligible to buy, so it should make it smoother once you get there if you're already logged in.

Applied for the Wolves ballot this morning. All automated from here, so just have to wait til Friday and hope the email confirmation drops in. I'll probably end up in those old wooden seats behind the TV gantry in the West Stand.
Thanks for that mate, I’ll give it a go and see what happens. I’m not too fussed either way, so won’t be too disappointed if I fail.

Good luck with the ballot :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Let us know how you get on in the ballot - Will you have a choice of stand/seat

Plus I'm not sure if this can work for me and my daughter - Need 2 tickets with seats next to each other - So does the ballot allow this, or will it maybe get me a ticket and not her, or even vice versa
Scott

Post by Scott »

guitarmark wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 11:40

Plus I'm not sure if this can work for me and my daughter - Need 2 tickets with seats next to each other - So does the ballot allow this, or will it maybe get me a ticket and not her, or even vice versa
No news yet. Not sure if that means I was unsuccessful or if they just haven't processed it yet. No choice of stand or seat nah, it just asks you to select what type of seat you want and then allocates it automatically if you're successful.

I also applied for two, so keen to know if it only gives seats together, or at random based on what's left.
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

Scott wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 13:30
guitarmark wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 11:40

No news yet. Not sure if that means I was unsuccessful or if they just haven't processed it yet. No choice of stand or seat nah, it just asks you to select what type of seat you want and then allocates it automatically if you're successful.

I also applied for two, so keen to know if it only gives seats together, or at random based on what's left.
Certainly keen to see how you get on, especially with two tickets and two seats next to each other - I've not asked this time/match, about going in ballot, for exactly this uncertainty - But will be keen to see how it goes so if needs be I can look at this option another game - Shame in many ways, as I can only make around 5-8 home games a year and need to kind of 'reserve' any potential date for a visit, with some appropriate notice at my end - So not ideal to reserve a date then find out I can't get tickets - Or vice versa, get the tickets then try and reserve the appropriate date afterwards - As such, with the ballot only 8 days before the match, it won't be easy for me to suddenly get the day off to enjoy the trip to ER
Scott

Post by Scott »

No email through yet, but there are tickets for Wolves showing in my account, so it looks like we're good to go. Good news is that it's given me two seats together. It has given me the most expensive tickets available though :lol: £48 to watch Wolves with the sun battering into my eyes in the lower east stand. I won't complain too much though. Stressful week of waiting over.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Scott wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 16:14 No email through yet, but there are tickets for Wolves showing in my account, so it looks like we're good to go. Good news is that it's given me two seats together. It has given me the most expensive tickets available though :lol: £48 to watch Wolves with the sun battering into my eyes in the lower east stand. I won't complain too much though. Stressful week of waiting over.
Have you got these Wolves tickets then mate, great if so :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

As mentioned above, I had a bit of a trial for Southampton away.

My Mrs logged onto the iPad at around 12.15, and the queue sign thing was up. She just left the window open at that point. I was at the gym, so logged on around 12.55 (obviously late, but as stated this was a test). When the sale opened, she was something like 3,600 in the queue and I was 1,600. Whilst I was getting changed, I kept an eye on the little fella kicking the ball, and he was moving along very quickly. Finally, it said it was my turn, but when it went to the next page it said none available.

As I’ve thought for a while, it makes zero difference what time you log onto the site (certainly for away games when there are fewer available) and it’s just pot luck.
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

Scott wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 16:14 No email through yet, but there are tickets for Wolves showing in my account, so it looks like we're good to go. Good news is that it's given me two seats together. It has given me the most expensive tickets available though :lol: £48 to watch Wolves with the sun battering into my eyes in the lower east stand. I won't complain too much though. Stressful week of waiting over.
Well looks good news that you got 2 tickets and together and based on that I know I can try this option if plan A does not work

But the sun battering in your eyes, I would not be worried about as ER is in Yorkshire - I had 4 tickets last Sunday for Eng v SA at Headingley and rained off after about 2pm - The Sun and ER are not common factors - Yet I recall Leeds v Portsmouth, on a Sunday, a number of years ago (April 2004) and I was in the Revie Stand and you saw very little as the sun was blinding - makes you wonder how the GK's get on sometimes