goals

Introduce yourself here
billybgood
Giddy Kipper

goals

Post by billybgood »

Hi everyone. New member here. Billybgood. I have been a Leeds fan for over 50 years so bear that in mind when I ask this simple question. Why don't we buy another striker? For Bamford just doesn't cut it. He helped the club get promotion but he is not firing on all cylinders anymore. He has scored some good goals in the past but he's also missed some sitters. I haven't seen what he has done today but its' been clear for the past few games that we don't seem to be able to score goals as well as we did last season. Anyone got any thoughts?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: goals

Post by Davycc »

billybgood wrote:Hi everyone. New member here. Billybgood. I have been a Leeds fan for over 50 years so bear that in mind when I ask this simple question. Why don't we buy another striker? For Bamford just doesn't cut it. He helped the club get promotion but he is not firing on all cylinders anymore. He has scored some good goals in the past but he's also missed some sitters. I haven't seen what he has done today but its' been clear for the past few games that we don't seem to be able to score goals as well as we did last season. Anyone got any thoughts?
He didn't do very much today... he was injured and didn't play !
Welcome.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
TelfordLeeds
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by TelfordLeeds »

Welcome Billybgood. Totally agree, I can't see Bamford ever reproducing last year's goal tally. Unfortunately a guaranteed top goal scorer is currently out of Leeds price band. Likewise, Leeds won't have so few draws again or reproduce the games they won when scoring first. They won't finish so high up the league this year, so keeping hold of their best players will be harder. BUT, things will be looking brighter after the next four games - Watford are poor, Southampton winnable, Wolves suffering even more as regards a goal scorer and Norwich just want to yoyo between the top two divisions.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

So Paddy has a dry run and suddenly he’s not good enough. He’s just won his first England cap, you don’t get them if you’re not good enough.

Welcome by the way
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leeds fan for 50 years perhaps you should tell us more about yourself in your introduction, always a good read learning about others and their support for Leeds.

Do you go to matches ?
Was you at Wembley in 72 or Paris in 75 ?
Are you from Leeds ?
Are you on any other Leeds forums ?
Fav all time player ?
etc.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

This looks like a wind up to me I'm afraid. :wtf:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

PhoenixUnited wrote:This looks like a wind up to me I'm afraid. :wtf:
Tend to agree, the original poster has not been back on the site since posting, but benefit of the doubt and all that.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.