Introduce yourself here
Joe The American
Terry Venables's car dealer

Re: Greetings from across the pond

Post by Joe The American »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Joe The American wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:
Joe The American wrote:New football fan here, looking for a team to follow, a solid workingman's team.

Interested to hear the #1 reason I should be a LUFC fan, and the #1 reason I shouldn't. Cheers!
Hi Joe - where are you in the US?

I lived in Houston TX during the 90's and my son is now living in Scotsdale AZ.

Agree with NW's earlier post, with the possible addition that you must recognize Yorkshire as God's county :lol:
I'm in New Jersey. And I'd have no problem acknowledging Yorkshire as God's country.

At the risk of being jeered off the forum, I'm something of a Samuel Smith's fanboy
Good man Joe :thumbup: Are you able to access our games live over there? My son has a subrsciption for Premiership games at a few $/month that is ridiculously cheap by UK standards.

I worked for a company headquarted in Wall NJ so have sampled the broadwalks of the Jersey shore - very enjoyable! Also, inevitably, Newark airport....

I'm sure we'd enjoy quoffing a Sam Smiths with you, so absolutely no jeering
Yeah, I'll likely get Peacock for it at some point, it's quite cheap. Till then, I'll just load up on YouTube highlights. Any good YT commentary channels for the club?
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome Joe!

Reason to pick Leeds - most loyal fans in the world and you will meet them all over the world.

What American side do you follow?

There are official (& unofficial) Leeds supporters groups in the US, where they meet up for games. I know there is one in New York.

I was born not too far away from Leeds but have spent over 30 years in Australia, my support has never dwindled.

MOT!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Welcome Joe, good to have you on board.

Once a Leeds fan always a Leeds fan, win lose or draw.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Joe The American

Mr Russell wrote:Welcome Joe!

Reason to pick Leeds - most loyal fans in the world and you will meet them all over the world.

What American side do you follow?

There are official (& unofficial) Leeds supporters groups in the US, where they meet up for games. I know there is one in New York.

I was born not too far away from Leeds but have spent over 30 years in Australia, my support has never dwindled.

MOT!
I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. Have been since childhood.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome in Joe. Fancy taking the plunge and sticking a pin in our members map ? Details here.

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Welcome Joe. I was born and grew up not far from Elland Road, been part of my life ever since.
I'm living in Massachusetts now, I work with a company in New Jersey, Rockaway, was down there just before covid broke.
Over the years we've been knocked down, but we always get back up. That's what makes the club and supporters strong, a bond, loyal.
Joe The American

Saxon wrote:Welcome Joe. I was born and grew up not far from Elland Road, been part of my life ever since.
I'm living in Massachusetts now, I work with a company in New Jersey, Rockaway, was down there just before covid broke.
Over the years we've been knocked down, but we always get back up. That's what makes the club and supporters strong, a bond, loyal.
Whereabouts? I have family in Plymouth
Joe The American

Davycc wrote:Welcome in Joe. Fancy taking the plunge and sticking a pin in our members map ? Details here.

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48
Done!
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Joe The American wrote:
Saxon wrote:Welcome Joe. I was born and grew up not far from Elland Road, been part of my life ever since.
I am in Fall River, about 30 miles SW of the town of Plymouth. I actually drive through part of Plymouth County on my way to work.
Joe The American

Saxon wrote:
Joe The American wrote:
I am in Fall River, about 30 miles SW of the town of Plymouth. I actually drive through part of Plymouth County on my way to work.
I'm familiar. We used to drive through that area on the way to visit my grandparents on the Cape. Small world.