Greetings from across the pond

Introduce yourself here
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Greetings from across the pond

Post by johnh »

Hello Joe waddya know! Just wanted to be first to get that out of the way. Welcome in, post loads.
I once played against Don Revie.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Welcome, Joe.

Another great reason to follow Leeds United is that we are playing some of the most exciting attacking football that you’re likely to see at the moment. We don’t always win, but you’re guaranteed to see a great game with plenty of action at both ends.

And if you’re looking for a club with some glorious history, rooted in the heart of a working class community, this is the one for you.

And if you want to learn about our recent exploits, take a look at the 2 seasons of the documentary called ‘Take Us Home’, especially the 2 season (only 2 episodes)…
Last edited by Otherworld on 11 Oct 2021, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

One other thing Joe, pretty important one too. Leeds United have by far the friendliest most informative and fun forum of any football team. :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Welcome!

I married an American and lived in Hershey, PA for a few years until I moved up to Canada. Used to love parts of the shore in NJ, often went to Cape May, beautiful part of the world.

Reason to support Leeds - character. "Side before self, every time" is all you need to know about Leeds and our philosophy.
Reason not to support Leeds - if you can't handle every other football fan hating you :D

As one of the guys explained earlier, we had a bit of a rough and tumble reputation in the 60s and 70s, the closest US sporting equivalent would probably be the Broad Street Bullies - hopefully that Phillies reference doesn't put you off!
Joe The American
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Joe The American »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Welcome!

I married an American and lived in Hershey, PA for a few years until I moved up to Canada. Used to love parts of the shore in NJ, often went to Cape May, beautiful part of the world.

Reason to support Leeds - character. "Side before self, every time" is all you need to know about Leeds and our philosophy.
Reason not to support Leeds - if you can't handle every other football fan hating you :D

As one of the guys explained earlier, we had a bit of a rough and tumble reputation in the 60s and 70s, the closest US sporting equivalent would probably be the Broad Street Bullies - hopefully that Phillies reference doesn't put you off!
That'd be the Flyers, who I hate. But, I've come to LOVE LUFC. Just watched the replay of the Wolves match, may have a favorite player already.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

I was an Islanders fan during the early 1980's when they won 4 Stanley cups, Flyers were always tough.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Mixing up the Flyers and the Phillies, just goes to show how well I've integrated into North American sport :lol:

Glad you're enjoying becoming a Leeds fan!