Marcelo Bielsa

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by John Dane »

The Fonz wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Now I’m confused, posters who have criticised MB in several match threads/saying we need a change of manager are now saying he shouldn’t have been sacked :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anyway, now we are left with huge payouts for Bielsa and his staff, plus costs for the new coach Marsch and his staff when we wouldn’t have gone down with or without Bielsa :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The vast majority of fans, generally those who go every week, have turned on Radz now. I sincerely hope, for his sake, he hasn’t just made a massive error.
Was going to write something similar but you have said it for me BB.
If this news is correct I will never forgive those keyboard warriors that have created this situation.
MB you've given us our most exciting time for many years personally I thank you.
Do you actually think, that the LUFC Board make their dicisions according to the content of lufctalk.com?
Last edited by John Dane on 26 Feb 2022, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Selby White wrote:Nowt on news I'm just hoping it's wrong.
Me too.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Looks like the Bielsa haters are going to get their way, shameful.
How is it shaemful, BB?

Nobody hates MB. A lot of fans are disilliusional with his tactics/subs/formation etc. If you're happy to be battered week in, week out, then that's fine - that's upto you.
And that's a shameful comment too isn't it mate?
How is that shameful, ANS?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

DominanceUK wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Looks like the Bielsa haters are going to get their way, shameful.
How is it shaemful, BB?

Nobody hates MB. A lot of fans are disilliusional with his tactics/subs/formation etc. If you're happy to be battered week in, week out, then that's fine - that's upto you.
'If you're happy to be battered week in week out...' - you are better than that mate, I'm not arguing any more, it's a snide comment and you know it :thumbup:
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/149 ... NQOz84y1Aw

I guess we'll see what the morning brings.

Also.. let's keep turning the temperature down in here folks, emotions running high today and all that. Deep breaths.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

DominanceUK wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
How is it shaemful, BB?

'If you're happy to be battered week in week out...' - you are better than that mate, I'm not arguing any more, it's a snide comment and you know it :thumbup:
Valid point, Robert. I would never argue with you. You know what I'm like, very emotional when it comes to Leeds Utd. :thumbup:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

DominanceUK wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
How is it shaemful, BB?

Valid point, Robert. I would never argue with you. You know what I'm like, very emotional when it comes to Leeds Utd. :thumbup:

Aye mate, no harm done and none intended.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:It's going to be a crying shame if Marcelo ends up being a casualty of circumstance and failed recruitment.

The problems this season are twofold - injuries and the fact we haven't reinforced/upped the quality in midfield. That's it. Without those issues Marcelo's management and tactics would have us higher up the table, there are no ifs ands or buts about it, we would have more points if one or both of those issues were resolved.

It's really easy to point the finger at the manager but it doesn't change the fact that this is far from being all his fault.

Why fire Marcelo - why not Orta? If Marcelo had better tools we'd be in a better position.
Why fire Orta - why not hold Radz accountable and campaign for the board to replace the chairman? If he'd provided more funding, insisted on recruitment or a bigger squad we'd be in a better position.

Be very careful what you wish for, swapping Marcelo mid-season increases the chances not just of getting one new manager, but us getting an interim and then another permanent manager - and so the revolving door starts up again, we don't want to become another Everton.

The board have to be absolutely 100% convinced that Marcelo cannot keep us up before making such a drastic move, because the disruption of a change now could be even worse.

As for people claiming we have enough players back and should be able to manage without Philips, Bamford and Cooper - they're three out of our 5-6 main leaders, example setters and fighters on the pitch. When morale is in the toilet and the guys need dragging forward by their collars who on earth do you think usually does it?

Having said all of that, and for all my love for Bielsa, I do not want to go into next season with such a small squad and I don't want to go into next season watching us try and man mark with a squad that isn't capable of man-marking Premier League sides. That may mean we have to change manager anyway, and I can accept that, perhaps Marcelo isn't the guy to get us up into the upper reaches of the league - changing in the middle of the season is taking a HUGE risk though.
I agree with your claims COP, he is not shy of just leaving if he's entirely unhappy with what the club gives him (Lazio) so at least in some level he thought he can get us through. I think he is at fault at 2 things since as a mangaer he has to react to what he have:

1. He insist on playing players that struggle - either by playing out of position or by playing the same set of players. i dont need to say to much about it. cresswell was magnificent against west ham, yet he was benched later on when a senior member returned. Joffy ignites the attack, yet he insist on james there. roberts as a usual sub instead of joffy, hieljda on bench when firppo is subbed, etc.
right, it is not ideal to play youngsters in such stressful matches, we risk shattering their confidence, but the problem is that we lack a striker then dont improvise for 10 matches with a winger up front, when we dont have a DM dont play 5 different players in 5 matches try giving bates a chance and it goes on. i mean this is my opinion. he just didn't even give them a chance in a scenario that screamed for involving them.

2. (already kind of said it in the 1st point) he kept with an unsuccessful plan for a tad too long. Ayling as CB weakens us - he doesn't play all that well as CB + we lose his amazing runs as RB. in addition dallas has to drop to that position and we lose him in a better position as MF or LB. same goes for james up front, which turned up to be not that bad but still too little to what we need because he doesnt have the killer instinct a ST has (like joffy). The question of how long one may continue with an unsuccessful plan until it's time to change is a subjective one i believe. for me it was at least a month too long. I love the fact that bielsa has a defined style and an attractive attacking style as well, but when we're in this kind of form, in this kind of situation - spiraling down towards relegation battles, against tops sides just do a burnley and try to get a tough point. im talking about 4-5 games if a season goes bad. It's not like we were attractive in the match against man city, we didn't even touched the ball. a boring 0-0 in any of the receny batterings (man city, pool, spurs) would've had a positive impact on the team in terms of form.

Love bielsa and dont want to see him leave on a bad note. the idea scenario is for him to take us to a safe spot and retire, but what good is it if we go back to championship? he will not stay here forever and relegation + bielsa retire is as a sad of a story. I hope he will stay and get us to saftey, but if he leaves i dont want to see any of them awful managers like big sam. don't replace him if there is no proper plan, that will just make things worse. if we do big sam we can know for sure that radz is the one to blame at our situation 100%.

And one last thing - a few years ago a MB's disciple was a hero in the side that beat us today. He was the favorite to win the league in the special year that leicester won the title and took them all the way to champions league final. He was sacked the season after. since then spurs seemed to have taken a wrong turn bringing in Mourinho, Nunu and now conte who's struggling with them and threatens already to leave the club. We don't want to be like spurs, that's all im going to say.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

John Dane wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Now I’m confused, posters who have criticised MB in several match threads/saying we need a change of manager are now saying he shouldn’t have been sacked :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anyway, now we are left with huge payouts for Bielsa and his staff, plus costs for the new coach Marsch and his staff when we wouldn’t have gone down with or without Bielsa :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The vast majority of fans, generally those who go every week, have turned on Radz now. I sincerely hope, for his sake, he hasn’t just made a massive error.
Was going to write something similar but you have said it for me BB.
If this news is correct I will never forgive those keyboard warriors that have created this situation.
MB you've given us our most exciting time for many years personally I thank you.
Do you actually think, that the LUFC Board make their dicisions according to the content of lufctalk.com?
Who mentioned LUFCTALK was totally responsible (not me) which as been one of the milder but not totally innocent Social Media platforms. You are obviously trying to turn my comment round you would need to be in a bomb shelter to not know about all the vile that has been doing the rounds.
Players and possibly coaching staff along with many people do use social Media.
It takes its toll.

Proud of the fans in ground singing his name.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

I really would be surprised if the current LUFC management team would ‘sack’ Bielsa. It will be by mutual consent, if it happens, and Marcelo will probably sit down with the successor and talk through what is happening to leave on the best terms. Fans are knee jerk. I don’t think this management team is.

There will be a recognition by all about who much we owe him. The best thing to do would be to talk through current events. Bielsa needs help not dumping.